Domain registration

• Hi,

I’ve tried to register a domain through wordpress. WordPress says the domain name I want is available, I select it and follow the steps, but when I go to pay I get an error message saying it is in use.

I have registered this same name with wordpress before, but it has expired and I haven’t renewed it until now. Could this have something to do with it, or is there some other kind of error?

I’d like to register this domain name soon if possible. Could you please follow this up privately or check my records to see the domain I had previously and let me know if I can reregister it? I’d rather not list the domain name here until it is secured.

Thanks,
    Simon

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I have registered this same name with wordpress before, but it has expired and I haven’t renewed it until now. Could this have something to do with it, or is there some other kind of error?

That’s definitely the issue. An expired domain isn’t immediately released. It’s returned to the registrar and in fact can be resold at auction. You definitely want to avoid letting a domain expire like that.

The domain is currently in its redemption period (basically where you have the opportunity to buy it back, with a redemption fee included). I’ll contact you via email with details.

Best!

• hello,
    after ignoring emails for months I have now realized that my page Ericathebaker.com has expired.. from reading these threads I assume it’s in “redemption”.. I’d really like to reactivate it ASAP if a staff member could get back to me and send me an email with where to pay and get this done!

Thank you!!!

• No problem — I’ve just emailed.

• The topic ‘Domain registration’ is closed to new replies.