DNS Settings

• I’m trying to direct email to my Outlook program. My website is hosted by GoDaddy and the DNS settings they provided me included using @ in the name, which WP doesn’t accept. What should I do instead?

• My website is hosted by GoDaddy

This site is hosted by wordpress.COM http://craemerconsulting.com/

What is the URL of the site you refer to?

• Be aware that wordpress.com does not provide an email service for mapped domains. See:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/add-email/
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/email-forwarding/

• I have email with GoDaddy, which according to your link is supported. The URL is http://www.craemerconsulting.com
    and I want to use this with Outlook.com not Office 365.

• I don’t know how to help you I typed modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for Staff help. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Sorry, my domain is with GoDaddy and hosted by WP.

• Please be patient while waiting for a Staff response.

• You’re welcome, Mark.

• Hello, Mark

It looks like you have the correct DNS settings for Outlook mail, but I see you also have email forwarding active on your domain. It is not possible to use both of them, so your email won’t work as long as you have forwarding active.

If you want me to double-check your DNS settings for you, please provide a link to the instructions you got from GoDaddy, or upload a screenshot of it to your media library and let me know here so I can compare it to the current setup.

• Hi Kokkeih,

I got rid off the email forwarding. Below are the instructions I got from GoDaddy. In Outlook accounts, what is the incoming server and outgoing server information I need to add in order to use (email visible only to moderators and staff)? Thanks.

Next to Domains, click Manage.
    On the domain you want to update, click Text Icon(Settings), and select Manage DNS.
    If you have more than 6 domains in your account, just click the domain name you want to update.
    Select the DNS Zone File tab, and click Add Record.
    TXT Record: Select TXT (Text), enter
    Host
    TXT Value
    TTL
    @
    v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all
    1 hour
    , and click Add another.
    CNAME: Select CNAME (Alias), enter
    Host
    Points to
    autodiscover
    autodiscover.outlook.com
    sip
    sipdir.online.lync.com
    lyncdiscover
    webdir.online.lync.com
    email
    email.secureserver.net
    msoid
    clientconfig.microsoftonline-p.net
    , and click Add another.
    MX Records: Select MX (Mail Exchanger), enter
    Host
    Priority
    Points to
    @
    craemerconsulting-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
    , and click Add another.
    SRV Records: Select SRV (Service), enter
    Name
    Target
    Protocol
    Service
    Priority
    Weight
    Port
    @
    sipdir.online.lync.com
    _tls
    _sip
    @
    sipfed.online.lync.com
    _tcp
    _sipfederationtls
    , and click Finish.
    Click Save changes

• I also find that when I try to delete the DNS record with forwarding email, it states that I have deleted it, but the record is not removed. What gives?

• Hi, Mark

It looks like the MX record for the email forwarding was stuck, and additionally there was a mistake in the MX record you had added.

I’ve deleted the forwarding MX record and corrected the Outlook MX record. The rest of them look correct based on the instructions you’d pasted here, so your email should be working within a few hours. Let me know if that’s not the case.

• Hi Kokkeih,

Still not working, though this may be more about what I need to do to add an account in Outlook 2016. It’s not Office 365, but the standalone Outlook program. When I add an email account, what should be the incoming and outgoing server names? I’ve made the incoming one:

email.secureserver.net

And the outgoing one:

smtp.secureserver.net

Please let me know if they should be something different. Thanks.

Mark

• Hi Kokkeih,

Still not working, though this may be more about what I need to do to add an account in Outlook 2016. It’s not Office 365, but the standalone Outlook program. When I add an email account, what should be the incoming and outgoing server names? I’ve made the incoming one:

email.secureserver.net

And the outgoing one:

smtp.secureserver.net

Mark

• Hi Kokkeih,

email.secureserver.net

And the outgoing one:

smtp.secureserver.net

Mark

• Hi, Mark

You will need to contact Microsoft/Outlook support for help with that, please.

We can help you configure the correct DNS records for your domain here according to your email provider’s instructions, but we can’t provide support for the various email clients/software as those belong to other companies and we have neither the documentation, nor the system access to help you with that.

• The topic ‘DNS Settings’ is closed to new replies.