Displaying posts below the featured grid

• I have successfully set up 6 posts to be featured at the top of my home page in the 6-panel grid. What I can’t make happen that I see in the Gazette demo page are the items that display below the grid. All I get in that area is my most recent post and it looks pretty lonely there.

I thought maybe that area featured posts with different categories so I created a second category and assigned it to some appropriate posts but no luck.

When I check out the Live Demo for Gazette it seems that Categories rather than post are being displayed in the 6-panel grid. I can’t figure out how to make that happen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

What I can’t make happen that I see in the Gazette demo page are the items that display below the grid.

That’s the blog page, where the latest posts are displayed in reverse-chronological order. Your front page/blog page only displays one post at a time (followed by an “Older Posts” link) due to your posts per page setting. You may change the posts per page limit at My Site(s) > Settings > Writing > Content types. The number can be changed by simply clicking on the up/down arrows. When you’ve reached the desired number, save the change. See the Content Types section of the Writing Settings support page for relevant instructions and illustration.

Note that this setting not only affects the blog page, but also all archives pages such as year, month, and date archives, category and tag archives, author archives, etc.

When I check out the Live Demo for Gazette it seems that Categories rather than post are being displayed in the 6-panel grid. I can’t figure out how to make that happen.

The featured content grid is working the same on your site and the Gazette demo. The featured image and the title of each item in the grid links to a post, whereas the category at the top left of each item in the grid links to a category page. If you assign multiple categories to a featured content post, then multiple categories will display there.

• Hi,

That was it. As usual, what seems to be a complex problem has a simple solution.

Thank you very much!

• Ahh, sweet success! You’re welcome :D

• When I grow up I want to be a WordPress problem solver.

• The topic ‘Displaying posts below the featured grid’ is closed to new replies.