Dara Featured Images Size

• I found the featured images on wordpress banners should be 1024×800 pixels- this seems to work well on my Home Page Featured Content, but on the page itself the image is not wide enough. Am I using the wrong size image? How can I fix this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi gennamcc

To make your image wide on your page you have to update your css code.You can only update your css or add custom css when you are in Premium or business plan. So if you are under the these plan than you can update the following code.
    old code

.custom-logo {
        display: block;
        width: auto;
        height: auto;
        margin: 0 auto;
        max-height: 150px;
    }

Updated code will be

.custom-logo {
        display: block;
        width: 800px;
        height: 1024px;
        margin: 0 auto;
        max-height: 150px;
    }
  • Where do I edit this code?

• Hi gennamcc

Follow the below step to add the updated code
    My Sites > Customize > Css

A panel will be open where you can add css code just add the updated code i have sent you before.

And then click on published

This all process can only be done if your are under premium or business plan.

• This changed the size of my header image/ logo but not the featured image on the page?

If you look at the page “school climate” the image does not fit the page, but this same image fits the page on the home page featured content…

• The recommended width for featured images on pages in Dara is 1180px, not 1024 – so yours is a little too narrow.

You’ll find more recommended sizes in the Quick Specs box near the bottom here:

https://wordpress.com/theme/dara

Let me know how it goes.

• Thank you- I changed the size of all the photos and problem solved. Thanks for your help!

• My pleasure, glad that did the trick!

• The topic ‘Dara Featured Images Size’ is closed to new replies.