Customize CSS Apostrophe 2 theme

• Author

Hello, I put the theme Apostrophe 2 on my blog sottevilleaufildutemps.fr
    I like it a lot. However I would like the last post to be highlighted (you must put a tag, reported in “content to highlight”). It works, but it is not pretty because the overview of this first post is not centered: it is 2 columns wide, wedged on the left. I would like to know if we can modify it (probably by the CSS) so that it takes the full width (the 3 columns)?
    Thank you !
    Laurent

The blog I need help with is sottevilleaufildutemps.fr.

macmanx
    Staff

This is a bit beyond the scope of what can be done via CSS, due to the way the theme is laid out.

You could adjust the padding on the left to nudge it more to the right, but the problem comes in then when the theme adjusts to smaller mobile screens as the item will essentially be off the right side.

So there is no solution to embellish this … Too bad …
    Thank you for your reply !
    Laurent

Hello,
    Another question :
    In the customization of colors, there are many palettes so a large choice. However, I would like to change the color of the links only: probably in the script it says “link = color1”. I would like to change this number to another, but I can’t write CSS. Can you please tell me?
    Thank you !
    Laurent

Hi Laurent –

Yes, we should be able to do that with CSS. Do you want all the links on the site to be a different color or just specific ones? And what color do you want to use?

Yes, I want to change the color of all the links in the blog. Maybe by choosing a color among all those that exist (# 111111 for example), but if it’s possible it would be better to choose among those of the selected palette (color1, color2, color3 …).
    Thank you !

Okay. This is the code to adjust the color for the post titles on the front page.

title a:hover {
        color: #6b101c;
    }

And this is the hover/link effect.

.widget-title label, .comments-title, #reply-title {
        color: #999;

This is the menu code.

body, button, input, select, textarea {
        color: #404040;

Please specify what colors you’d like each of those areas to be.

Hello,
    It does not work.
    In fact, I basically wanted to change the color of the links in the text of the articles. If it can apply to the entire blog, why not but it is not the priority.
    Thank you
    Laurent

Laurent –

Let me know what colors you want to use and what text specifically should be changed to those colors. I’ll try from my end.

475/5000
    Hello,

I do not know yet which color I will put because I will change the color palette of the theme. I can change the color code #xxxxxx but it is the CSS code that I do not know.

We will take an example with this article:
    https://sottevilleaufildutemps.fr/2020/02/17/plan-des-transformations-suite-a-la-reconstruction/
    I would like the links in the text (rue de la Republique, rue de Paris…) to be a different color. Maybe brown (# 6d5e54 for example).

Thank you !
    Laurent

macmanx
    Staff

If you want to change it site-wide:

a {
        color: #6d5e54;
    }

Or, for just post/page content:

.entry-content a {
        color: #6d5e54;
    }

Yes it works !
    It’s really very simple, but I don’t know CSS at all and I can’t write it.
    Thank you !

macmanx
    Staff

We have a great guide on finding CSS selectors that you might find useful at https://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/css-selectors/

As for modifying those selectors, I recommend https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS and https://htmldog.com/guides/css/

Hello, I read these pages but it is really very hard for me, in addition everything is in English … (I am a French who translates with Google Translate!)
    I just have one last little thing to ask you:
    The button at the bottom of the index page “Previous Articles” is too light too. With which CSS code can I change its color?
    Thank you !
    Laurent

Hi Laurent –

Yes, you should be able to change that color. Give it a try and then come back to us here if you’re unable to sort it out with the help of those guides my colleague shared.

I already tried, but there are a lot of pages, it’s complicated, and above all everything is in English, I would have to translate all the pages one by one, but I don’t know where to look … I am sorry…

Looks like my reply didn’t come through earlier. Sorry about that.

Is it the button with text Articles Précédents or a different one? Please share the exact text of the button if it is something different.

I am able to adjust the color of that button by changing the color code in this part of the CSS.

#infinite-handle span {
        background-color: #0a0a0a;
    }

Hello,
    Yes, this is the button.
    And it works with this code.
    Thank you very much !
    Laurent

The topic ‘Customize CSS Apostrophe 2 theme’ is closed to new replies.