Custom domain mapping on free plan

• I am not the first administator of my site, and I wonder how it is possible that we have had custom domain mapping until now when we never paid for an upgraded plan (I believe)?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

We’ve only been limiting domains to plans only for the past year. If someone upgraded a site before then they would have been able to buy only the domain mapping without the plan.

The domain mapping on your site belongs to christinereuther. They can still renew that upgrade without buying a plan, but if that upgrade expires, which it’s due to do in about a week, you will need to purchase a plan to add it back.

• Ok, thank you. Is it possible for this user, migp00, to continue paying for the domain mapping, instead of christinereuter?

• And also, if nobody does anything manually before the mapping expires, will christinereuther’s credit card be charged automatically and the mapping renewed?

• I can move the mapping upgrade to your account, yes, but I will need christinereuther to reply to this thread to give me permission to do that as I need the upgrade owner’s consent to transfer an upgrade.

The credit card we have on file for this upgrade is expired, so it will not renew automatically.

• Hi there

I hereby confirm the transfer of the domain mapping

– Christine Reuther

• @christinereuther

Thanks for confirming. I’ve transferred the upgrade to the migp00 account.

@migp00

You should be able to renew it now via the Purchases page, but the system might still require you to add a plan in order to renew. Let me know if that happens, and I’ll help you sort it out (though I’m logging off now for the day so will only be able to reply tomorrow :) )

• It worked perfectly, thank you for the assistance! :)

• Thank you for letting me know :)

• The topic ‘Custom domain mapping on free plan’ is closed to new replies.