Correction: GNU Terry Pratchett banner plug-in

• Author

Adding a new thread with the corrected title! This plug-in is available in wordpress.org. It gives a clacks banner with the words GNU Terry Pratchett (see Terry’s book Going Postal from the Discworld series). Would like to use it on my wordpress.com blog site. Is this possible? Or can such a thing be created for .com blog sites? Thanks!

The blog I need help with is catfinkknowtrustchoosecreate.com.

I second the addition of this plug-in to wordpress.com blog sites! I would love to install it on my own blog.

davkt

Likewise want it in my blog

snumpus

I’ll third that — I’d really like to be able to add this to my blog too! (Unless there’s already a way to do so, in which case I’d really appreciate someone linking a how-to.)

timethief

I think many bloggers would want to post it. We shall see what Staff says when they respond here.

I would also like to use this plugin, thank you

idamathilde

Likewise. I would love to have it on my blog as well. Thanks!

sdorrell

Same, I would love this plugin!

kokkieh
    Staff

@staff
    The idea behind this is that the phrase “GNU Terry Pratchett” can be added to a site header titled “X-Clacks-Overhead”. It’s not something that physically appears on the site, but a hidden message keeping his name going across the web. You can see this page for more information: http://www.gnuterrypratchett.com/

The WordPress.org plugin is here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/gnu-terry-pratchett/

I would also like the ability to add this.

kokkieh
    Staff

@everyone else
    A workaround for now is to add the message as an invisible comment in a text widget. Add a text widget (without title) anywhere on your site and paste this into it:

<!-- X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett -->

It won’t make the browser add-ons for this light up like adding the code to the site header would, but if someone views your site’s source code they’ll find it there. You can also use it in WP.com comments as an invisible signature.

snumpus

Thank you for posting the workaround, kokkieh. :) I’ll use that until the plugin is (hopefully!) available.

I was looking for this too for all 3 of my blogs! Please can we have it?

writingvicki

Yep, agreed, please can we have this plug in?

yes, yes, yes. Please can we have this plug in.

ifmomsaysok

Thank you for the workaround, @kokkieh.

skyblueroses

Another +1 from me.

pinkoeria

Yes, please, I really want this too!

Thanks @kokkieh for the workaround for now.

writingvicki

Any news if this is going to happen

kokkieh
    Staff

@writingvicki
    Staff monitor all the threads in the Ideas forum, and implement ideas that are both feasible and that have enough support, but it’s usually a case of we’ll know it when we see it.

The topic ‘Correction: GNU Terry Pratchett banner plug-in’ is closed to new replies.