Coraline theme css

• does anyone know how to hide tags in Coraline theme?

and the footer link?

i have css upgrade

thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Try this:

.tag-links {display:none; }
    #footer {display:none; }
  • If you want to remove the tags and categories, then replace the first line above with this:

tag-links, .cat-links {display:none; }

• thanks a bunch! it worked! …but can you actually edit footer?

p.s. i’ve noticed your cool share button, does sharethis.com work well on wp.com?

• @makski, no you can use psuedo CSS stuff to add to the footer, but the problem is not all browsers support pseudo CSS, so that means it will not appear for everyone coming to your site. I would suggest adding what you wanted to put into the footer to a text widget and position it at the bottom of your sidebar.

The sharethis thing won’t work here, but wordpress does support addthis as explained here.

http://en.support.wordpress.com/addthis/

You might also want to check out http://getsociallive.com . Many people here use it.

• If you have the CSS upgrade it may be that you can add a text widget including your custom footer text and style it to look like the regular footer. Not very helpful right now but I will report back!

• Add a text widget to your main widget area and add in the code below:

<div id="newfoot">
    Here is the new footer with a <a href="#">link</a>
    </div>

Then add this code to your CSS and it should hide the existing footer and style your new footer like the old one. You don’t have to re-include the attribution links but it is considered polite to do so.

#footer #colophon {display:none;}
    #footer {overflow:hidden; padding-bottom:50px;}
    #container {position:relative;}
    #newfoot {position:absolute; left:0; bottom:0; width:770px; border-top:1px solid #ccc; color:#888; font-size:12px; font-style:italic; line-height:16px; text-align:center; padding-top:20px;}
    #newfoot a {color:#888;}
    #newfoot a:hover {color:#df0000;}
  • @thesacredpath thanks, I did tried addthis but for some reason the button was opening in a new window with hundreds of shares. i want a button that would expand in a small frame with shares of my choice, like sharethis. do you know what can be the problem?

• @hallluke, thanks a lot!!! yea i left the attribution link be and everything seems in order now.

• Not a problem. Your new footer looks great!

• The topic ‘Coraline theme css’ is closed to new replies.