"Copy a Post" does not work

• Copy a Post button is not working on my blog, can it be fixed please? When I click on this button it only comes up with Add New. It stopped working correctly about 3 weeks ago. I have tried it in my main browser, Opera and also Chrome

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. On the Add New Post screen, can you go to Screen Options (top right) and make sure Writing Helper is checked? You’ll then be able to copy one of your previous posts from that module.

http://en.support.wordpress.com/writing-helper/copy-a-post/

Let me know how that works for you.

• Hi

I replied to the email a week ago and have had no response

Anyway, that feature you mention above is enabled, the only box that is not checked is SLUG

What do I do now, it still does not work and it is annoying?

Regards
    Richard

• Hi Richard, sorry about the frustration, I noticed that you’ve posted this request in the forums before.

When you say that you replied to the email, we probably did not get that email because replies to forum threads need to posted directly on the forums. We don’t get replies to forum notification emails.

As for the issue you described, are you still using this setup for Opera: Version–12.10 Build–1652 Platform–Win32 System–Windows 7?

I checked the “Copy a Post” feature in Version 12.11 — Build 1661 (which is the latest version) and it works fine for me, I can see it.

Would you be willing to try a few things?

1. Please update Opera to the latest version and see if it resolves the issue for you.
    2. Try an alternative browser from this list: http://browsehappy.com and let us know if you can see the “Copy a Post” box there.
    3. Make a screenshot of the area of where Copy a Post button is, expanded to show what you see there and upload the screenshot to your Media Library.

• Hi again

My Opera version is the latest and as it turns out the Copy A Post function is working now, I just found it again.

It seems that the title at the top of the screen says Add New Post, I am sure in the past it used to say Copy A Post, but I could be mistaken. But, in the past, it would automatically scroll down to a section which had recent posts in it so I could choose one to copy. Anyway, this section at the bottom of the page which used to show me a list of recent posts to copy was HIDDEN, or collapsed with just the word Writing Helper

I looked a bit closer and saw a very tiny drop down arrow, but only when I hovered my mouse pointer over it, it was invisible otherwise. I had no idea that the Writing Helper was the section I needed as I have never bothered to look

Maybe the drop down arrow can be made permanently visible and in a dark colour, so it can be seen? That way hidden features may be found and used :)

So, in the end, it is now working, the way it used to, but I have no idea what has changed to make it work, nor why it stopped working in the first place

Thanks for your help, the issue is resolved

Cheers
    Richard
    aka TravellingStrom

• Hi Richard, thanks for the detailed explanation and I’m glad you’ve found what you were looking for. The title at the top of the screen has always said “Add a New Post” (you get there via Posts > Add New). “Copy a Post” is indeed incorporated into the Writing Helper as described here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/writing-helper/copy-a-post/

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you collapsed the Writing Helper by clicking on the arrow (without realizing it), that’s why you could not find it any more. Thanks for the feedback about the arrows’ appearance and let me know if you need further assistance!

• The topic ‘"Copy a Post" does not work’ is closed to new replies.