"clean" home page in Luxury theme

• Hi,

I’m using the Luxury theme, and am simply attempting to have a full page picture with the site title as the home page, and nothing else below it. currently there’s a white box (for a content section I presume) that I can’t seem to get rid of. Does anyone know if there is an option to get rid of this? (and if not is there some CSS code maybe?

Many thanks

Tom

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Tom –

Thanks for writing to us. I can see what you’ve referred to at the bottom of the current site.

That white space is intended for the next slide on the front page. Take a look at the site demo: https://luxurythemedemo.wordpress.com/

Here are the theme setup instructions for reference as well:
    https://wordpress.com/theme/luxury/setup

If you don’t plan to use the theme as the demo shows, then we might be better served to help you find a theme that fits your idea more closely. It could be possible to remove that white space with CSS (and I’ll look in to that a bit) but it would make things more complicated for you in the long run.

• lilyrouselondon · Member ·

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

To be honest I am finding it very hard to find a theme that fits the requirements, I have tried lots and lots of them and it seems very much trial and error and none of them quite fit the bill.

I am used to using wordpress.org but for this site the client has a wordpress.com account so I’m trying to run with that. Are there any wordpress.com themes that have a comparable level of customisation to wordpress.org?

Failing that, the requirements (for the front page only) are:

Full screen image on the home page
    Menu at the top
    Site title and some text overlayed on the image (position can be changed to some extent)
    No date visible on the overlayed text
    Nothing else on the home page

Do you think that is achievable with any wordpress.com themes? I’ve spent lots of time trying to achieve this and am close to telling the client we need to switch to wordpress.org, but I’d really rather not do that if possible.

Many thanks,

Tom

• @lilyrouselondon we’re currently working on Gutenberg that should offer significantly more customization options, however it’s not ready for our servers.

In the meantime, if you want to get rid of the white bar, adding this snippet of CSS should do the trick:

.row.home-search {
        display: none;
    }

Similar CSS can be added to most themes if another one of our full screen themes suits you better.

• The topic ‘"clean" home page in Luxury theme’ is closed to new replies.