CLASSIC EDITOR

• I CANNOT GET THE EDITOR TO STAY ON THE PAGE AS I AM CONSTRUCTING POST. IT MOVES UP AND STAYS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE POST

• Hi there,

Which site is this for? I see you have a few on your account. Does this happen only when working with a specific page or blog post? or is it an issue with anything you work on within the editor?

Can you also describe what you mean by “moves up” exactly? You mean to say you are trying to move the classic block to be beneath other blocks, but it will not move at all? or do you mean you can move it, but when you save your changes it moves back?

Thanks for the additional info!

• Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

The site is <williamrosssmith.wordpress.com>, and we are using the Classic Editor.

The editor used to remain at the top of the page being worked on but now moves up with the page moving up, so it is unavailable on the current/working page.

If we want to use a colour on some text, we have to scroll right to the top to reach the editor to make the colour choice.

We are grateful for your attention to our request and sure will appreciate a solution.

Many thanks, best regards,

Ross

• Hi Ross,
    Would you be able to share a couple of screenshots so we are sure we see the same thing?
    You can use an online tool for that (such as https://snipboard.io/) and paste the link into your reply or, if you prefer, upload the images to your media library and let us know here.

• Two screenshots inserted into the media file, one at the beginning of the post and the second when scrolled down. They are saved as “WordPress 1” and “WordPress 2”.

Sure hope this helps to find a “cure”!!!!

Ross

• Hi there,

I see what you mean, but I’m not able to replicate it on my end. Even when I scroll down to the very bottom of your post, the editor’s toolbar remains visible.

Please make sure that you’re using the latest version of your browser and I recommend clearing its cache and try again. Here’s how to do that:

Solve Common Browser Issues

• Hi @fstat, try reloading the classic editor on that post? When I checked on my test site after FF updated to v87, the toolbar scrolled down the page the first time. But the second time I opened the editor, the toolbar was again stuck at the top of the Editor workspace.

• Hello there,

I’d like to find out if this issue is post specific as I too am unable to replicate this issue

May I ask you to create a new post, with new content (without copying and pasting from the previous article) and see if this behaviour is present please.

Are you also able to confirm if this behaviour is present on other posts?

Many thanks.

• The topic ‘CLASSIC EDITOR’ is closed to new replies.