Clarification for Plan Terms of Use

• well, since i’m not a paying user (yet), i have to post this here. but i NEED an official answer from wordpress, please.

please define the term “Monetize Your Site.”

does this refer to placing third party ads on your blog? or does it refer to you making money from/on your blog?

example: if i want to add a ko-fi or similar donation button where people can pay me.

example: if i want to link to a patreon page where people can sign up to send me money.

example: if i want to link to or run a store on my blog page(s).

i can’t find which of these items are allowed or disallowed on the various plans. (and/or whether ‘store’ plug-ins are allowed/available for wordpress.com sites, or only wordpress.org sites. yes, still trying to figure out which to use for my new site.)

thank you!

• I asked the same question today about my Pay Pal button. Weebly does allow you to monetize for free. I very well might be going back there.

• Hi there,

You can find all our information on monetization here:

Monetize Your Site

We do not allow third-party advertising networks on WordPress.com. If you have a custom domain mapped to your site you can apply for our WordAds program. With the Premium and Business plan you are automatically approved for WordAds.

FAQ

You are welcome to add a donation button to your site. Just note we don’t support any buttons that use iframe or form code, only plain image-link buttons. We have instructions how to add a PayPal button here:

PayPal

WordPress.com does not have a shopping cart option, and it’s not possible to install plugins here, regardless of upgrade plan. If you want to sell something via your site, you’ll need to use a contact form-paypal button combination to take orders and payments.

• excellent! thank you very much!

• You’re very welcome :)

• The topic ‘Clarification for Plan Terms of Use’ is closed to new replies.