Chunk theme social media icons in header

• Hiya, trying to add social media icons to header in Chunk theme – or at least somewhere more visible.

Currently have them in text widget on footer as seemed to be the only option.

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, I see you got them moved up to the header area (and made a lot of other changes. Good work!

I’ll offer just a couple minor changes which will, I think, improve things for you on the social icons.

First off, remove the following CSS which moves the entire widget area up to the top and let’s move just the single text widget. That way the footer widget area is still down there for you to use if you decide to.

.widget-area {
        left: 50%;
        position: absolute;
        top: 20em;
    }

Now add the following. By setting the overall container div to position relative, that will contain the moved widget within the boundaries of that container and it will behave better. In the second bit of code, I specifically targeted the text widget by its unique widget ID and then instead of using the percentage, I set right to 0 and it will remain below the right end of your title and not slide across the screen when a browser window is narrowed.

#container {
        position: relative;
    }

#text-3 {
        position: absolute;
        right: 0;
        top: 18em;
    }
  • The topic ‘Chunk theme social media icons in header’ is closed to new replies.