Changing Reddle theme to fixed width

• Hi Everyone,

I am using the Reddle theme on my blog but it is a floating design, so when you make your browser window smaller the content shrinks with it. I would like to change it to fixed, if possible but I am a total CSS newbie and have no idea how to do that, can anyone help me?

I’m not sure if you need this, but this is what I currently have in my CSS sheet, it is just to make my content a little wider and the widget area a little smaller than the original theme plus some other minor changes:

#site-title {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;
    display: inline-block;
    font-family: Georgia, “Bitstream Charter”, serif;
    font-size: 52px;
    font-size: 5.2rem;
    line-height: 1.15;
    padding: 0 2.954209748892% .275em;
    }

#main .widget-area {
    float: right;
    margin-right: 7%;
    width: 25%;
    }

.secondary #content {
    margin: 0 38% 0 7%;
    }

footer .permalink,
    .image-attachment #content footer .permalink {
    margin-left: 58px;
    }

Thanks for your help!!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• This would be my starting point, but when making the browser narrower, the sidebar still drops out and down below the content as it will with most responsive width themes.

.fixed.secondary #page, .fixed #page, #page {
        width: 1120px;
    }

What you might have to do is to search through the existing CSS and look for anyplace there is a “max width” declaration, or anyplace where widths are shown as percentages and then change those all to static, fixed widths by adding the appropriate declarations.

There is also some of the responsive stuff that I believe is set in the theme PHP script files and in a couple instances I wasn’t able to get an entire theme to go fixed. Some elements still responded to browser width.

• The topic ‘Changing Reddle theme to fixed width’ is closed to new replies.