changing from header image to header text

• Author

derekpiotr

hi, i want to remove my header banner and use a text header instead, with custom font and custom hover colour.
    is there an easy way to do this in CSS? i am working with the chunnk theme.

thanks

The blog I need help with is derekpiotr.com.

Hi there, In Chunk, go to Appearance > Customize > Header Image and Hide the header image and save. Next go to Site Title & Tagline in the Customizer and click “Display Header Text and save. Your site will then have the text title at the top instead of the image.

You can set a custom font for Headings at Fonts in the Customizer.

I noticed that you used the following CSS to hide the footer credits.

#footer {
        display: none;
    }

You are not allowed to hide the WordPress.com and theme footer credits per our Terms of Service (#11). Even the VIP sites here at WordPress.com (CNN, Time, etc.) are required to keep the footer credits. See the Frequently Asked Questions on the Custom Design support page for more information.

You are allowed to restyle the footer credits to better fit with your design as long as they remain readable. If you need help restyling the existing footer credits, just let us know and we would be glad to help with that.

derekpiotr

hi, i am trying to remove the dashed line at the bottom of chunk, not the header credits, but the css did not wipe the dashed line.
    is there a way to reformat the credit and remove the dashed bottom border with css?

thanks

Hi, change your #footer rule to this

#footer, #footer a {
        font-weight: normal;
        color: #777;
    }

which will make the font normal instead of bold and make it a bit lighter, and then add this to get rid of the dashed line

.hentry .main {
        border-bottom: none;
    }

derekpiotr

thanks, i made the necessary changes

You are welcome and let us know if you have any further questions.

The topic ‘changing from header image to header text’ is closed to new replies.