Changed WordPress Address and Site URL, now my webpage can’t be accessed.

• I wanted to change the name and domain of my site, so I changed my wordpress address URL and site URL from [originalname.net] to [newname.com.] However, after saving the changes, the page refreshed and displayed the error: ‘the site can’t be reached’ and that ‘[newname.com’s] server IP address can’t be found.’ I use BlueHost as my web host, and I think the problem is that the domain has remained unchanged in BlueHost and therefore my page is broken (correct me if I’m wrong). However, I can’t figure out how to change my domain from BlueHost; but at this point, I just want my old WordPress URL and site URL back so that I can get my website back. (Additionally, I could no longer access the WordPress administrative page and change the URLs back to [oldname.net]) Help would be greatly appreciated since I would hate to have lost all my work for this mistake. Thank you.

• Hi there,

I checked your site and it appears you’re in the wrong forum. Although your site is connected to WordPress.com via Jetpack, it is using the open source WordPress.org software and you need to seek help at these forums:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/jetpack/

These forums are for WordPress.com hosted sites only. Since we do not have access to self-hosted WordPress.org sites, we are unable to provide any direct assistance to your issue. I would reach out to your site host for help.

If you want to know more about the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org you can read this document:

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

Thanks!

• The topic ‘Changed WordPress Address and Site URL, now my webpage can’t be accessed.’ is closed to new replies.