Change theme

• Author

yoanlapierre

Hello
    I’m trying to change the theme of this website for a hostel, but for some reason I can’t access the old theme, and can’t put a new one.. I can only change the menu and content of the website. Any idea?

The blog I need help with is belemhostel.com.br.

Hello –

I can see that the site is currently using Sela. Do you want to use a different theme? That change should be possible by selecting activate from the theme previews at https://wordpress.com/themes/

Also, the business plan on your account gives access to live chat support 24/7. To start a chat session just go to https://wordpress.com/help/contact/ It will be the quickest way to get help with your questions.

yoanlapierre

Hey!
    Thanks for the answer
    I already tried your suggestion, and I get the error message “Impossible to activate the theme. Please contact support”

Alright. I will give it a try from my end if you’re cool with that? Let me know what theme you’re trying to activate.

Also, go ahead and clear your browser cache so we can rule that out as a potential issue:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/browser-issues/#clearing-your-browser-cache

yoanlapierre

Oh thank you very much!
    The theme I would like is called “Affinity”
    And I made an external xml copy of the website so if it delete everything else, there’s no problem
    Thank you very much

supernovia
    Staff

Thank you! I wasn’t able to change themes on our side either. We’re reaching out to the team that supports business sites to see if they can see what’s wrong.

In fact, you’ll get a much faster response if you reach out to them directly:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/

yoanlapierre

Ok! Thank you very much!
    So do you get back to me when you have a solution or do I have to contact someone else?
    The link you gave me send me back the forum home page so i don’t know if i should create a new post or just wait for your answer
    Thank you :)

supernovia
    Staff

Ah I see the issue @yoanlapierre. You had a business plan and now you don’t anymore — that would explain why the direct link to chat wasn’t working. Did you want to add that again, or do you want to revert to a free site or some other plan?

A site that’s on an expired business plan, as yours is now, will have some odd issues like this one pop up, so we’ll want to take care of that.

yoanlapierre

Oh ok.. that makes sense.
    Can you switch it to a free site? What will it lose from the business version?
    Thank you

supernovia
    Staff

@yoanlapierre we can try to get it set up for free again. You’ll lose all outside themes and plugins, and there’s a chance you might lose all content that was added after you added an outside theme or plugin.

Do you want us to proceed?

yoanlapierre

Yes please, the owner won’t buy back the business plan anyway.
    Thank you :)

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

It looks like the account who owns that site has since removed you as a user, so you no longer have any access to it, and we cannot make any changes to the site at your request.

If you wish to continue using this site, and the site owner is willing to let you have it, please ask them to open their own support request so we can help them transfer ownership of the site to you instead.

yoanlapierre

Hello
    I’m back on administrator so you can proceed now..
    Thank you

supernovia
    Staff

@yoanlapierre sorry, to clarify, you’ll also need to be the site owner in order to revert. I didn’t realize I’d missed that earlier.

The site owner can change ownership to you, or they can respond here (while logged in as owner) authorizing the change.

The topic ‘Change theme’ is closed to new replies.