CHANGE FOOTER TEXT

• Author

feesthuis
    Original poster

I would like to change the footer text!

Now it’s this: BLOG OP WORDPRESS.COM. | HET SELA THEMA. but I wan’t my companies name only. I have a premium account so I wan’t the site to look professional and this way it doesn’t look professional.

Can someone please help me asap!!

Thanksssss!

The blog I need help with is: feesthuis42.com

Unfortunately the footer attribution cannot be removed regardless of the plan you are on.

Point number 11 of the WordPress.com Terms of Service says:

Attribution. Automattic reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at WordPress.com,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar. Footer credits and the WordPress.com toolbar may not be altered or removed regardless of upgrades purchased.

kathrynwp
    Staff

Your site looks great running Sela.

As chaitanyamsv said, footer credits must be preserved on WordPress.com – it’s a requirement of hosting a site here, even for our VIP clients.

You can try tweaking it with some custom CSS if you like, but it needs to remain readable. This might work well:

.site-info a, .site-info .sep {
         color: #999999 ! important;
    }

feesthuis
    Original poster

Thank you for your replies. But how come that some sites made by WordPress don’ have the Theme credits?

feesthuis
    Original poster

Thank you kathrynwp. That code makes it lighter so that better!!

auxclass

But how come that some sites made by WordPress don’ have the Theme credits?

Not all “WordPress” sites are on WordPress.COM and some folks just cheat and make the text so it can’t be seen – their sites usually get suspended in short order

For more on the difference: http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

feesthuis
    Original poster

Alright. Thank you so much everyone.

kathrynwp
    Staff

Thank you kathrynwp. That code makes it lighter so that better!!

You’re very welcome.

I noticed that you’ve modified the colour so the credit line is completely invisible.

Screeenshot: https://cloudup.com/cIBmZ4Wkn8p

You’ll need to keep the credits readable, since hiding the credits with CSS is not allowed under our terms of service.

May I remove credit links such as ‘Blog at WordPress.com’, theme, font, or toolbar links?
    All WordPress.com users are required to maintain the credit links, even our VIP bloggers. Please do not hide or alter text or links for the footer credits or the toolbar. Modifying the style of the footer text (i.e. colors and font size) is fine as long as it’s still readable.

http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-design/custom-css/

Please change the colour back to something that provides some contrast with the grey background colour. If you need help selecting a colour, just let me know.

feesthuis
    Original poster

I’ve changed it to a lighter color. Hopefully it’s ok this way?

kathrynwp
    Staff

feesthuis – I’ve sent you an email, please let me know if you don’t receive it.

feesthuis
    Original poster

I’ve got the mail and I’ve changed it. Thank you for the code. This way it’s it’s still light enough.

kathrynwp
    Staff

Wonderful. It looks good. :-)

Hello kathyrnwp or others; I have a similar question regarding the “professional” nature of the footer. Our company is happy with the idea of attribution but we’d prefer something more like “Site hosted at WordPress.com | The XXXXX Theme”. “Blog at…” doesn’t really project the proper image. Any chance of getting alternate footer text? Thanks, Melanie

kathrynwp
    Staff

Hi Melanie, while there isn’t a way to change the footer wording, you might like to try this custom CSS to tweak the design of the credits a bit:

.powered-by, #colophon a, #colophon a:hover, #colophon a:visited {
         color: #759ed2;
         font-size: 90%;
         text-decoration: none;
    }

Let me know if that works better for you.

Thanks kathrynwp; it’s certainly more discreet. We understand giving credit where it’s due. Please pass along my request for alternate text for you business clients, though! Thanks again, Melanie

kathrynwp
    Staff

I’ve passed along your request to be able to change the credit wording, thanks for your feedback.

What is the code for inserting copyright into footer?

auxclass

The text used to be more discrete – was changed about a year or so back to the new slimy no class wording on most themes today – the change was not well received at all – but WordPress.COM did not listen at all other than “thanks for the feedback” (maybe)

In order that the copyright section is more prominent and above wordpress section?

Thanks auxclass, valid point, especially if your a business member… this is my attempt to date but feesthuis seems to have done better

.site-info > a:first-child:before {
    content: “© Copyright 2015- xxxxxxxxxx. “;
    }
    .powered-by, #colophon a, #colophon a:hover, #colophon a:visited {
    color: #759ed2;
    font-size: 10%;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

The topic ‘CHANGE FOOTER TEXT’ is closed to new replies.