Categories and Sub – categories

• Hi, I am new to wordpress and only have a free account. I am trying to customize my theme. I created categories and put “Blog” in the menu as it’s the parent category but I could not find a way to add child category to it.
    – Does the sub category only work for premium account?

Please help. Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

For reasons that remain obscure to me WordPress.com has removed the term “subcategory” and the phrase “child category” from relevant support pages, without replacing them with an equivalent.

Does the sub category only work for premium account?

No. It’s just that they’ve made the process of adding and managing the now nameless entities that we know as subcategories or child categories somewhat more and more mysterious in recent years.

See the Manage Categories and Tags section of the Writing Settings support page. As described there, at My Site > Settings > Writing > Categories, you may manage categories. One of the actions that you may take there is “Nest a category within another.” This phrase means the same as “make a category a child of another.” The illustration of the Edit Categories module provided in the Manage Categories and Tags section of the support page is slightly different from one you’ll find at Settings > Writing > Categories, in that there is now a toggle button instead of checkboxes.

Making one category a child of another category involves toggling the button labeled “Top level Category” to the off position, choosing a parent category, and then saving the change.

• The topic ‘Categories and Sub – categories’ is closed to new replies.