Can't update my profile email

• I can’t change my profile email as it say
    “ERROR: That e-mail address is already being used.
    ERROR: The email address is already used.”

The initial email was #######@hotmail.com, but I changed it to ######@gmail.com as I don’t use anymore the first one, I thought that it updated it (I changed it from my blog administration), but it didn’t.

I need that all the notifications will only be made on my gmail email and I need that the profile email is set to that, how can i fix that?

Thanks for your time.
    Soraph.
    Blog url: http://oldwildissue.wordpress.com/

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You have two separate email address settings at WordPress.com.

Blog notifications for the admin (like comment moderation, Likes, new subscriptions, etc) are sent to the email address at Settings -> General in the Dashboard.

Personal notifications (like comments on your post, subscription emails, and upgrade renewals) are sent to the email address at Users -> Personal Settings in the Dashboard.

See > Issues Changing your E-mail Address > http://en.support.wordpress.com/email-address/#issues-changing-your-e-mail-address

• ..then?

The problem is in that step, and asking for support got me into writing a forum post instead of asking for support from someone competent.

• The implication that I am not competent is obnoxious. Virtually all support Staff who are few in number and rarely visible on the support forums on weekends were hired years after I began answering questions here.

• You can’t investigate or resolve the issue so you are not competent, it doesn’t mean you are stupid or other things.

I appreciate your time and information about, but still, I used the form to have a kind of assistance that only who is in wordpress.com as administrator can give me.

• Timethief is a highly competent volunteer who has donated her free time to help tens of thousands of WordPress.com users over the last several years. And, in this case, she is correct.

I see that you do have a problem, probably because you’re attempting to use an email address that’s already tied up on another account. What is the Gmail address you’re trying to use?

• Hello “Happiness Engineer”, regardless of timethief activity in the past days/weeks/months/years, he/she can’t operate on the wordpress.com’s databases so is not competent to my issue, misusing the word won’t grant him/her any administrative powers on the database, is not like being Vegan.

Anyway, since this is a public forum and the issue is personal I don’t want to share my gmail address, the error is clear, but the owner of the gmail email account is me, and I didn’t registered any wordpress.com accounts with it, there is just my blog, and even changing the email on the blog and then trying to assign the gmail one to the wordpress.com account will give me the same error.

Are we going to keep talking about personal issues on a public forum?

• I’ve sent you an email.

• The topic ‘Can't update my profile email’ is closed to new replies.