can’t purchase new domain

• I have been trying to purchase a new domain name for my current WordPress.com site using the WordPress.com place to do it, but instead of letting me buy a new one, it keeps telling me that the one I entered cannot be found. Of course it can’t. I haven’t purchased it yet. Is this part of WordPress.com broken, or is there some alternative way to do it? I want to buy it from WordPress.com and support the cause!

Larry

• Perhaps the one you want has already been registered by someone else.

• Thanks, I thought of that too. I have been experimenting with the process, and here is what I am wondering: what are legitimate highest level domains that can be purchased on the WordPress.com site. For example can I purchase abcd.info, or abcd.us? Is there a fixed acceptable range of domain extents (after the dot) that can be purchased here? What are they?

• I haven’t seen one, but you could try searching the forums. I seem to recall that they will not touch .info or .biz with a ten-foot pole, but I could well be wrong. The best way is to know exactly what you want and try to register it, as you have, and if that fails for no specified reason, contact staff.

• The topic ‘can’t purchase new domain’ is closed to new replies.