Can't figure out how layout works

• Author

I am using the Edin theme but can’t seem to get it to lay out the same way as the preview. I want one image with a button/welcome message along the top, and then I want a grid list of all my featured posts below that.

The ultimate goal is to make my home page ONLY display posts that I want displayed. Most of my posts will be password protected, so I only want the ones that are public to show up. Only my public posts will be tagged as featured.

Please help! Thanks :)

The blog I need help with is tworoadz.wordpress.com.

Hi alysserathburn,

I want one image with a button/welcome message along the top

There is currently a featured image with a button on your site, so it looks like you’ve got this part sorted out now.

then I want a grid list of all my featured posts below that

When the “Front Page” template is in use, the Edin theme is designed to display up to three pages underneath the featured image. They can be chosen from My Sites > Customise > Theme Options in “Featured Page One” etc — there isn’t an option to select posts though, only pages.

These instructions are covered in more detail (with screenshots) in the Edin theme documentation:

https://wordpress.com/theme/edin

The ultimate goal is to make my home page ONLY display posts that I want displayed.

Going to My Sites > Customise > Homepage Settings and changing ”
    Your homepage displays” to latest posts will display all posts on the homepage but I’m afraid there isn’t a way to choose only certain posts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

The topic ‘Can't figure out how layout works’ is closed to new replies.