Can't Click 'Like'

• Hi!

I have suddenly lost my ability to like other people’s blog posts.

When I try, a box pops up and very quickly disappears that says ‘wordpress.com/public.api/connect/?action=verify&service=wordpress’

As suggested on other help threads, I have:

Cleared my cache
      Made sure JavaScript and third party cookies are allowed and working
      Made sure that I’m using up-to-date Chrome
      Temporarily disabled all browser extensions (didn’t do anything)

I’m using my laptop on Chrome, and as far as I know I am not having any other issues.

As far as I can tell, I’m having this same problem internet wide, but here are a few posts in particular that I’ve tried and failed to like:

https://thebookishtwins.wordpress.com/2020/08/29/book-recommendations-8-post-apocalyptic-books/

• Hi there,

Do you see the WordPress.com admin bar at the top of the two WordPress.com sites, the first two you listed above?

This is most likely cookie-related. Besides checking that third-party cookies are allowed, have you also tried clearing cookies? Clearing all browser cookies will log you out of everything, so if you don’t want to do that, you can instead just clear all cookies for wordpress.com and wp.com.

Can you check if the same thing happens if you log in using incognito mode in Chrome, or if you log into a different browser, like Firefox?

• Okay, checking to see if I could see the WordPress admin bar helped solve the problem! I was just seeing a link to create a wordpress site (which I did note as weird to myself, since I already had one), but apparently I logged out at some point. Logging back in and refreshing everything seems to have solved the problem.

Thank you!

(and no, I was not having the same issues on Firefox.)

• The topic ‘Can't Click 'Like'’ is closed to new replies.