Can't Change DNS Info From Wix

• I have contacted where I previously had my website and here’s what they sent back:

Hey Melissa Christianson,

Please note that it is not possible to change the name servers of a domain name purchased from Wix. You may either transfer the domain away from Wix, or point the domain to a different IP address.

* If you have purchased a Wix domain, but have decided to transfer it away from Wix, you can do so easily by following the instructions here.
    Important note: In accordance with ICANN rules, you cannot transfer your domain to another provider until 60 days after you register or transfer your domain.

* To point your domain to a different IP address, you will need to modify the domain’s A records. You will need to contact your new host and request for the relevant IP address. For more information about how to edit your A records, click here.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

I’m not sure what to do next. Please advise me.

Melissa and Eric Christianson

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Melissa,

It’s a bummer that Wix doesn’t let you change your domain’s name servers, because that’s the best way to map your domain to WordPress.com. Unfortunately, we can’t accept incoming domain transfers, so you won’t be able to transfer your domain directly here to WordPress.com. Instead, you have a couple options:

1. You can transfer your domain to a different domain registrar that does let you change your name servers. Then, you can change them with this guide: Change Name Servers

2. You can keep your domain registered at Wix and change the domain’s A records. However, please note that our IP addresses change over time. Because of this, your domain might stop working at some point in the future. If that happens, please get in touch with us to find out the most current IPs and then update your A records accordingly.

If you want to go ahead and map your domain using A records, please be sure to create at least two, pointing to two different IPs from the list below:

Please let me know if you have any questions about that. :)

• The topic ‘Can't Change DNS Info From Wix’ is closed to new replies.