Cannot Reply on a Submitted Comment

• Hello.

On my site, each post is open for comments. Writers used to be able to Reply directly to someone else’s already posted Comment. Now, however, when you hit ‘Reply’ as if to reply directly to someone else who has already commented, the Reply box pops up at the very bottom of the comments section as if to post a new comment thread.

In short, it’s now impossible to have a direct conversation with someone through the comments section.

I had no problems with this until about two days ago.

Thanks for whatever help comes from this.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’m not sure why WordPress auto-generated that last sentence because the blog I need help with is writingpractitioners.wordpress.com.

• Hi there,

This is a bug, caused by a recent change in our commenting system. Our developers are aware of the issue and already working on a fix, but it appears the problem is a bit complex and cannot be fixed by simply reverting the change that caused it, so I cannot give you a timeline on how long it might take.

Once it is fixed we’ll let you know here.

• This should now be fixed in the theme, @tsamac — thank you for your patience!

• Thanks so much! I just tried it out and it seems to be working just fine. It also auto-loaded quite a large textbox, which was a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

• The topic ‘Cannot Reply on a Submitted Comment’ is closed to new replies.