Cannot connect Yoast SEO to Google Search Consule

• I’m trying to connect Google Search Consult to my Yoast SEO plug-in and I cannot get it to work!

I tried two things:

1) using the ‘Get Google Authorization Code’ button via SEO > Search Console
    Issue: pop-up window prompts me to log into my google account and then I get a 401 error or a ‘clear your browser cache/cookies’ message. I’ve cleared them 5 times, tried an incognito browser and restarted my computer. I’m totally baffled by the problem.

2) Following the exact instructions in this article: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/add-website-google-search-console/
    Used the ‘Get your Google verification code in Google Search Console.’ link under SEO > General > Webmaster Tools
    Issue: I can connect to my account and then I get a list of Verification Methods. I clicked on ‘HTML tag’ then copied the entire meta tag string and pasted it in the Yoast SEO plug-in field for Google verification code. When I click ‘Save Changes’ nothing happens on that page, but I get a new Yoast SEO notification in my account saying ‘Don’t miss your crawl errors: connect with Google Search Console here.’ (obviously does not work if I try and click there).

This is making me pretttttty crazy. I was able to use a little pop-up flow like this one to connect my analytics account no problem.

I haven’t even been able to do basic Yoast SEO configuration and this is a small personal services site so it seems a silly to buy the plug-in and try to get support that way. I considered trying another plug-in all together but Yoast IS the industry standard so I’d like to just get it working.

• The topic ‘Cannot connect Yoast SEO to Google Search Consule’ is closed to new replies.