Cannot add tags in the Reader

• Problem with the new Reader: “For an instance: I seem not to be able anymore to add or delete TAGS that I would like to (un)follow.”

I have moved this thread with a better title over here from

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/reader-listings

in order get a broader audience and attention.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Now this is odd: Whilst clicking my way through the new reader with all it’s problems – my tags problem dissapeared – just now, but double checking that and trying again it RE-APPEARED.

• Thanks for posting this! I have tested this several times in several browsers and versions, and I was able to get the problem to appear once in my earlier testing but I cannot reproduce the problem any more.

I would like to know if any one else is experiencing trouble adding tags at https://wordpress.com/ if you are, please let us know by replying on this thread!

• @companybeat, I don’t think the problem you’ve described with tags in the Reader is happening to other people. This makes it a bit harder to track down the problem! I have tested several times across several browsers and could see the problem happen once early in testing but now everything is working for me normally. Because I can’t get the problem to happen any more and because no one else has posted about this recently, my next suggestion will be to double check some basic browser troubleshooting steps:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/browser-issues/

Also, I know that you mentioned earlier that you are using the “BetterPrivacy”-Addon (“Super Cookie Safeguard”) in Firefox. Sometimes browser add-ons interfere with websites in very strange, unpredictable ways, so you might consider temporarily disabling all of the add-ons just long enough to test adding tags to see if one of the add-ons in your local browser setup is the source of the trouble in this case.

Another thing you can try is testing other browsers—I know you said you already tested Internet Explorer but have you tried Chrome? Sometimes switching browsers does the trick because it’s a clean slate for cache and cookies and add-ons (sometimes). :)

Finally, trying another computer in the same location would help rule out a local computer or browser issue and trying a different location with a different network connection could help rule out a local network issue. These are really broad troubleshooting steps that can help try to pin down exactly where the problem is originating from, and they’re just suggestions to maybe try out if none of the other troubleshooting steps work.

Past that, I’ll keep an eye out for additional reports of this issue and try to get more information if I find anything!

• @designsimply : Now – after all I’ve tried (deactivating add-ons, chrome … ) I switched to my second profile (which I am using now) and found, that the problem seems to be a profil-problem as odd as it may appear.

If thats of any help.

• I don’t know how, but the problem seems resolved. Thanks for your commitment.

• @companybeat, it sounds to me like it was a local browser issue, but I can’t really know for sure. Sometimes browsers do weird things. :)

@hankcharlesbukowski, what version of Chrome are you running and can you confirm whether you’ve tried the browser troubleshooting steps at https://en.support.wordpress.com/browser-issues/ ?

• @hankcharlesbukowski and @companybeat are one and the same person, working on one and the same computer the only difference being: @hankcharlesbukowski can use tags in the reader, @companybeat can’t.

• Oh! I see. I wonder if the difference is one of the subscriptions or even if one of the posts it’s causing the trouble. I’ll see if I can dig into it a bit more in depth after the weekend.

• I re-tested this today and tried checking out the hankcharlesbukowski account as well, and I don’t see any problems.

Could you let me know some examples of the tags you are trying to add while logged in as hankcharlesbukowski?

• Again: logged in as hankcharlesbukowski I DON’T have the problem.

The problem ONLY occurs when logged in as companybeat.

Tags I tried: Summer, Love, xy

• I have the same problem. Actually it just started. I managed to add a tag today. Now I can’t add more or remove any of the tags. When I write in a new tag, it momentarily appears in the list but then immediately disappears. Same when I try to remove a tag, it seems like it disappears but then it pops back again.

I’m using Win7 and Firefox 40.0.2 and tried clearing my cache. I tried the same with Chrome (which is my backup browser and I haven’t used it much at all) and it has the same issue.

• Actually I have another problem, could they be related? My posts don’t show on the reader. What I read about it, it could be because I had a link to a website where I bought a plush toy (which I show in my picture). I changed the site to the game dev’s site, but my blog has possibly been flagged because of this?

• @atarnia, I’m sorry we didn’t see your responses to this thread. If you still need help, will you either get in touch with us here, or start a new thread? Thanks!

• The topic ‘Cannot add tags in the Reader’ is closed to new replies.