Canceled Domain Redirect and Need to Map It to WP.com Site

• Hello!

I moved our WP.com (free) site to a self-hosted site — and purchased a redirect to help visitors find the new site (morningstarstoastmasters.com). However, the situation has changed and I am moving the site back to the free site. But the purchased redirect is in effect and I can’t purchase domain mapping to point the domain to the free site (morningstarsbc.wordpress.com). Anything I can do? Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• When I visit https://morningstarsbc.wordpress.com/ I don’t get redirect so for me it looks like there is no site-redirect active for this domain name.

However, I’ll add modlook tag to this thread for the attention of the support staff. Please wait while someone from support staff gets back to you.

• Hi there,

Just to clarify, you want to remove the site redirect for morningstarstoastmasters.com, and map that domain to your WordPress.com site instead?

You should be able to just remove the site redirect from the Purchases page, but I can also remove it for you if you no longer want it.

Domain mapping can only be added as part of a paid plan, so you’ll need to purchase a plan at My Site ->Plans before you’ll be able to map that domain to the site.

• Kokkieh–

That’s exactly what I would like to do. I canceled the “site redirect” but it remains in effect until the end date in April — so I can’t enter the URL into the Domain Mapping purchase page without an error that it is already being used by one of my sites.

Any help to remove it is greatly appreciated.

— Weegee

• It looks like you’ve managed to add the domain mapping yourself, as I see it on your account now. The domain is also correctly pointed here, but it’s not set as the primary domain. You can update that at My Site ->Domains, and then your site will show the actual domain in your browser.

You may need to clear your browser cache after updating the primary domain to see the effect.

• The topic ‘Canceled Domain Redirect and Need to Map It to WP.com Site’ is closed to new replies.