Can no longer ‘Like’ someone’s comments

• I have a wordpress account in order to comment and ‘like’ on websites using WP. While I can ‘like’ an article, suddenly I am unable, across ALL of my devices and ISP addresses, to ‘like’ individual comments made under an article. Please advise what the problem is so I can take corrective action.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @notdrinkingthekoolaid, usually we’ll see this if you’re blocking the cookie that lets you like via wordpress.com while visiting some other site. If there’s any chance you started blocking that across all devices, please whitelist that address.

Otherwise, can you let us know what error you get when you try to like, and let us know what browser you’re using currently?

• FireFox is my primary browser but I also opened Explorer and Chrome where I encountered the exact same issues. I have ensured that cookies are not blocked.

BTW, I also cannot post comments or replies either directly in websites using WP and when in the reader of my WP account.

Basically, the only thing I can do is “like” articles.

I have had a WP account for quite a few years and this happened about a year ago possibly coinciding with a browser update. Somehow you all fixed it.

• Good morning :)

I’ve double checked the account to make sure we weren’t blocking these actions in any way – and we are not.

Are you using the same WordPress.com account now that had the issue a year ago?

Try this :

1. Restart your device
    2. Sign in to WordPress.com in a fresh and clean browser installation
    3. Go to Reader, or a site that you follow, and see if you can like and comment on posts.

• Also, when accessing your account I can like and comment on posts in Reader. This makes me think there’s something running interference with your local set up.

It’d also be worth making sure that there aren’t any browser extensions enabled.

• The topic ‘Can no longer ‘Like’ someone’s comments’ is closed to new replies.