Can I remove the "Related" links at the bottom of blog posts?

• Hi WordPress Support/Knowledgeable WordPress People:
    I’ve been gone from WordPress for a couple months and upon my return I’m noticing an apparently new feature at the bottom of posts on my blog…..A feature called “Related”, with links to other old published posts.

In some cases, the links aren’t relative at all to the post it’s featured under- I really dislike this randomness. And I feel like I should have this kind of control over how my readers are potentially funneled around on my site. And besides all that, I don’t really like how it looks…..too cluttery at the bottom.

Is there a way to eliminate this “Related” feature? I scanned the forums and didn’t see any information or questions raised about it. Any help or insight on this is greatly appreciated, thanks.

regards,
    Jason

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I just noticed this on one of my posts as well! My guess is that the WordPress team is trying out the new feature but has yet to give users control over it.

If you find out anything, I’d really like to know! I’m at LoveNiki.com

• Hi Jason,

We’re actually just starting to test scaling out related posts. It was turned on yesterday and is only on for about 20% of all sites at the moment.

We realize that for some sites the related posts will either be too much clutter or won’t make much sense given the type of content, so you can turn them off by going to Settings->Reading in your Dashboard (wp-admin/options-reading.php) and going to the “Related Posts” section.

We’re turning them on by default for all sites because it has been such a heavily requested feature and we think it benefits most sites.

Thanks for the feedback.

• This is good news. I have been waiting for years to get Related links to the posts found in my own blog.

• The “Related Posts” section isn’t there for my blog for some unknown reason. I’m using the Digg 3 Column theme. I also wish to turn it off.

• The “Related Posts” section isn’t there for my blog for some unknown reason

same thing….

• There will be a post on en.blog.wordpress.com when we have fully launched the feature. Currently we are still just testing.

• Hello,

There was a portion of sites that we’ve enabled the related posts feature for but failed to enable the option to turn it on and off. We have fixed this and everyone with related content has the ability turn it off via Settings->Reading in the Dashboard.

• Thank you very much, hypertextranch. I have now turned this feature off.

• Thanks for the quick response to my query, gibrown (and hypertextranch). I appreciate it. I didn’t see the option to turn it off last night, but it’s there now and it works.

For what it’s worth, I view any added functionality to WordPress as a good thing. This probably isn’t the time or place since you’re still testing this feature, but one suggestion I have ……see if there’s a way for WordPress users to match the font of the “Related” links to that of their sites. That’s a big reason it jumped out at me right away- the font is different from what I use for my text. To my eye, it stuck out like a sore thumb because of that. It reminded me of third party advertising.

Again, thanks for answering my post.
    Jason

• Day 5 and I still do not have a Related Posts turn-off option in my upgraded Expound Theme.

• I missed a message: “We gave you the possibility to activate [ this or that ] – i.e. in a pop up (but I don’t want to pop up layers in the reader).

If I’m logged in here I don’t see this bullshit – so I couldn’t notice that there is a need of activity!

• Oh – I forgot the reason why:

Because I want NOT other persons nor robots nor algorithms to tell me and my readers what’s “related” …

• I am using the customised Twenty Eleven theme. Under Settings > Reading, I’ve unticked all the ‘Related posts’ boxes, but Related posts still show up after my blog posts. Does this take a while to take effect? Or am I doing something wrong? My blog is mabelkwong.com

• @themabelkwong it looks like you may not have hit “Save Changes” at the bottom of the Settings>Reading page. When I checked your settings related posts is still enabled.

• @gibrown Thanks for this! Worked like a charm! :)

• My site has “related post” activated and I looked in Settings->Reading and I cant see any feature to turn them off, please advise since i dont really need the related articles for my blog, i really need them to be off.

• @sibajad I think you just unclick the boxes

• I like this feature. I noticed that you can turn on a thumbnail, but it’s really small. Is there any way to increase the size of the thumbnail that accompanies the link? Thanks

• The topic ‘Can I remove the "Related" links at the bottom of blog posts?’ is closed to new replies.