Can i be the validator of the Chinese(China)

• Author

xtfllbl
    Original poster

I am a local Chinese, i am also good at English.
    Can i be the validator of the Gravatar→ Chinese (China) and the WordPress.com→ Chinese (China)?
    The string in the gravatar is almost translated but not no validator commit it. I think i can do that job and translate the rest of the wordpress.com part.

xtfllbl
    Original poster

I also suggest delete some branch of Chinese. There are only two type of Chinese, simplified chinese and traditional chinese. So Chinese, Chinese(Hongkong) and Chinese(Singapo) is useless. Left Chinese(China) and Chinese(Taiwan) will be enough. Too more language options just make people conflit.

zefontainhas

I’ve set you as a validator for Chinese (China). As to the other variants, we now have:

• Chinese
    • Chinese (China)
    • Chinese (Hong Kong)
    • Chinese (Singapore)
    • Chinese (Taiwan)

If I’m getting this right, we’d be left with

• Chinese (China)
    • Chinese (Taiwan)

Just to clarify, because apparently Wikipedia lists these two as the same language, i.e.:

Standard Chinese (Putonghua / Guoyu / Huayu) is a standardized form of spoken Chinese, based on the Beijing dialect of Mandarin Chinese, referred to as 官话/官話 Guānhuà or 北方话/北方話 Běifānghuà in Chinese. Standard Chinese is the official language of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and the Republic of China (ROC, also known as Taiwan)

Also could you take a look at the strings in the other variants and tell me if they are resusable?

xtfllbl
    Original poster

If I’m getting this right, we’d be left with

Chinese (China)
    Chinese (Taiwan)
    ————————————————
    Yes, you`re right. The standard Chinese is Chinese(China), known as Simplified Chinese. Taiwan is still using Traditional Chinese now.
    The Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese has a little difference just like America english and British english. Sometimes it can`t be reusable. It do need a local people to translate this.

jiehanzheng

In my opinion, there are only 2 *written* Chinese language variants. They are:

* Chinese (Simplified) – commonly used in China mainland and Singapore.
    * Chinese (Traditional) – used in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

The current classification WordPress is using is “by region.” And consequently, now WordPress has Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Singapore), and Chinese (Taiwan).

I think merging would be a nice idea since it can save lots of translation work. I have the following proposal:

* Merge Singapore Chinese with China Chinese and rename the new one into Simplified Chinese (简体中文);
    * Merge Hong Kong Chinese with Taiwan Chinese and rename it into Traditional Chinese (正体中文).

But think this could bring up much of link changes and permission issues. Hoping more people, esp. people from Chinese-speaking countries, could get involved and share your view on this.

Thank you everyone!

The topic ‘Can i be the validator of the Chinese(China)’ is closed to new replies.