Buying domain name

• Uhm….
    Did I register? Didn´t I do that when I started the blog? What´s Go Daddy?
    Ok so I searched that Go Daddy place and I cannot get Formulaoneupdate in one word, but there are options. So basically I have to go somewhere else, Go Daddy, to buy the domain first, then go back to wordpress to map it. And then what?
    Why can´t I just bypass the whole wordpress thing and buy formula-one-update.com for $8?

• Uhm….
    Did I register? Didn´t I do that when I started the blog? What´s Go Daddy?
    Phew…ok, learning stuff here.

Ok so I searched that Go Daddy place and I cannot get Formulaoneupdate in one word, but there are options. So basically I have to go somewhere else, Go Daddy, to buy the domain first, then go back to wordpress to map it. And then what?
    Why can´t I just bypass the whole wordpress thing and buy formula-one-update.com for $8?

• You registered for formulaoneupdate.wordpress.com. That is what your blog is here.

Go to your dashboard and then click on Store and then on My Upgrades. Does it show anything? Does it show Domain:formulaoneupdate? If it does, then yes, you purchased it. If it doesn’t, then you didn’t, at least not through wordpress.com

You can purchase other domains through wordpress or directly through whatever registrar/webhost you choose. godaddy.com is just one of the thousands that exist, and I’m sure you can find one that you like. I used it in the example only because it has a good search function. Good luck!

• The topic ‘Buying domain name’ is closed to new replies.