Bulk replacing words

• Hello,

I am a validator for the Serbian language and I was wondering if there was a way to bulk replace certain words in current translations. Basically, the Serbian translations are a mess, since there wasn’t a Glossary until I uploaded it a few weeks ago. Just to give an example, the word “site” is translated as all of these: sajt, veb sajt, veb-sajt, veb mesto, and veb-mesto. And that’s just one word, there are countless examples like that.

Is there a way to replace those without doing it string by string?

Thank you,

Sara

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Sara!

GlotPress doesn’t have a bulk update option.

The easiest way to do a bulk replace of a certain word or phrase would be to export the po file from GlotPress, make the update, and then import the updated file back into GlotPress.

Here are some more detailed instructions about how to do that:

1. Filter for the word or phrase you want to replace.

2. Scroll to the bottom and click “Export only the matching filter as Portable Object Message Catalog”. Make sure you have selected the option “only matching the filter.”

3. You can open the exported PO file in either a plain text editor or poedit (https://poedit.net/) to do a global update.

4. Once the po file is updated, the updated file can be imported back into GlotPress. It should override any existing translations.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you need more assistance!

• It worked, thank you so much!

• The topic ‘Bulk replacing words’ is closed to new replies.