Block Editor-It’s Really That Bad

• @Musicdoc1 ROFLOL! But, but, but…. in that dark room with no windows, we DO have a slider! The ONLY thing that is an functional improvement. We don’t need it, but it is nice. Who doesn’t want to be punished for that?

I try to make content so I can use it. So that the Gutenberg terror has meaning. ;-)

• Hey folks! Given that it can be difficult to troubleshoot problems and find solutions in a tangled thread like this, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out.

Our forums staff can’t get rid of the block editor or maintain the classic plugin. What we can do here is surface specific problems, and in many cases provide solutions. And if the solution for a specific problem is still giving you trouble, we want to know about that so we can make it better.

So when you make a new thread for a problem, please use a title that matches the specific issue. Instead of titles like I hate blocks for example, try Problem with Cut and Paste or Bug in HTML Block or Block Toolbar gets in my way so we can see that issue through to solution, or at least to getting a report surfaced.* If you’re having more than one specific issue, it’s okay to make more than one thread. We can merge threads if needed. Splitting big threads is much trickier.

I’ll call attention again to our community standards:
    https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/best-practices-community-standards/

We’ve recently tried to clarify the part on focus. We also added a bit about making accusations, such as they're trying to manipulate us. Mind-reading never was very accurate, respectful, or helpful, so let’s avoid that in our community.

Above all, be assured that we want to resolve the issues you’re running into. I personally want WordPress to work smoothly for you, and could say the same for everyone I work with. I know the WordPress.org community wants it to work well for you, too. Keeping our threads organized and respectful will go a long way toward that, so thank you in advance for working with us on this.

Cheers, all. :)

* PS: I picked those titles because those are all issues we have worked on or are working on currently. Keep ’em coming!

• The topic ‘Block Editor-It’s Really That Bad’ is closed to new replies.