Blask theme, changing portfolio border hover colour.

• I’m trying to find out where I can change the colour of the border that shows up when I hover over on of my portfolio pieces

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

To change the colour of that border, navigate to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS in your site’s /wp-admin area and copy/paste the following snippet:

.portfolio-thumbnail a {
        background: #663399;
    }

You can change the value of #663399 to any hex colour code of your choice. If you’d like to experiment with different colours, try a few Google searches to get a list of hex colour codes and their corresponding values. Here’s an example of a site that I’ve used before:

http://www.color-hex.com/

As an extra note: I can see that your site is hosted through a third-party company while this forum is dedicated for people who have sites that are hosted here at WordPress.com.

The fact that your site is running on the free software available over at WordPress.org may have led you here.

The difference between the two types of WordPress (WordPress.com and WordPress.org) is a common and understandable point of confusion. If you’re unsure of the differences, then this guide gives a good overview:

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

As your site is hosted elsewhere, the theme’s dedicated support forum over on WordPress.org is the best place for you to go with any extra questions:

https://wordpress.org/support/theme/blask

We monitor and respond to every thread on the above dedicated forum, so would be happy to help further from there.

• Thank you Siob! I will look into it and can hopefully take it from there :)
    Sorry for writing this in the wrong forum, thank you for the headsup.

• No worries at all! The confusion between the two types of WordPress is understandable, I remember being confused when I first started with WordPress too. :) I’ll be happy to help with any extra questions over on Blask’s WordPress.org forum if they come up.

• The topic ‘Blask theme, changing portfolio border hover colour.’ is closed to new replies.