Best Practices & Community Standards
Welcome to the official public support community for the sites, products, and services hosted by WordPress.com! Here you can search for answers, ask for help, and give back by helping other community members.
- Focus on Questions and Solutions: Use a clear title for your topic, and keep comments succinct and relevant. If you have another unrelated question, consider starting a new thread in the most relevant forum. Do not start multiple threads for the same issue. Do search first to see if your question has already been answered.
- Be mindful of privacy: Public forums are indexed by search engines, so do not share sensitive details related to passwords, payments, or contact information. Email addresses shared here will only be visible to staff. Information posted in our forums will only be deleted at staff’s discretion if it presents a valid security or personal safety concern.
- Be patient: For faster help, do not reply to yourself or flood a topic with several responses. Wait for a reply, and we’ll get to you soon.
- Need staff help? If you are logged into an account with an upgraded plan, you can access direct support. Otherwise, add a
modlooktag to your topic — here’s how.
- Want to help? Thank you! Please be sure to read our volunteer guidelines.
- Other help: For help with your own WordPress.org installation at other hosts, use the WordPress.org forums.
- Be respectful: Be friendly, patient, and encouraging to all members of our community. Name-calling, accusations, harassment, and other abuse toward the community or staff will not be tolerated. If you run into abuse or other behavior that undermines our community, please add a “modlook” tag for staff attention.
- No advertising: Do not use the forums to promote sites, products, or services — this includes self-promoting links in replies. Do not post links to sites that violate our terms of service. Do not ask non-staff community members to contact you privately.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, as that is impossible. Every post is judged on its own merits.
- The topic ‘Best Practices & Community Standards’ is closed to new replies.