Beep Beep Boop screen is a joke. Is this a glitch?

• This is a joke, right?

This is a juvenile interface. We have lost comprehensive editing capabilities. Media function including Slide Shows, Tiles, Mosaic and adding Video. All of these are frequently used by many of your clients and add value to their blogs and your look and feel as a site.

Adding new and editing our own previous is cumbersome and time consuming now and does nothing for your standing as a premier blogging site.

Who thought this was a good idea? Whoever it was should be fired. For those of us who pay for our sites, I will tell you these ‘upgrades’ are theft of our resources including our money as well as our time.

You haven’t fixed what was previously broken, this latest stripping of functionality is yet another example of your tone deafness. As a paid subscriber I want you to fix what was broken before, return the functionality I pay for and stop screwing with functionality without test or confirmation of need.

• The New Post button has worked this way for some time. There was, however, always the drop down Posts->Add New button on the grey admin bar. Now it behaves exactly like the New Post button; I can only presume that includes NOT actually kicking in the autosave.

The New Post button is the single largest source of complaints about how the WP.com software works. Why they would force a completely different button to go to the same place, thus vastly increasing the number of people who encounter these problems, beats the hell out of me.

If the dashboard php link stops working, I’ll be flouncing off WordPress.com with all my blogs, no question. If it doesn’t work, why would I use it?

• If anyone knows a WordPress developer or three, now’s the time to lobby them to see if they can get an inside running on what has happened.

I have this dream that everything will be back to normal when I open up my website again tomorrow morning :S

• @valentinelogar
    The old editor still exists, but you have to go to the dashboard to find it. Click on Posts ->All Posts to edit existing ones. Click on Posts ->Add New to create a new one.

That said, I agree it’s ridiculous that the New Dash editor is being forced on us like this.

@raincoaster
    The edit button while viewing posts on your own blog it also now takes you to the New Dash editor, both from the home page and from single post views. I didn’t notice the admin bar’s doing it as well, as I seldom use it.

• thanks a lot kokkieh for telling us how to reach the better editor.
    cheers !!!

• @jazzismylife
    Actually, timethief already did earlier, but if threads become too long people tend not to read all earlier posts, so a refresh of the relevant info helps from time to time.

• @kokkieh I’m tagging all these threads New Post Button so we can keep track of all of them. And “Are you kidding me” is too long to type out that many times.

• @raincoaster
    LOL! I’m with you! I’ll also add the tag to those I see.

• Please give us back the old editor immediately. I do not see why I should do work-arounds to find back the old editor.

• I’m with you @raincoaster. I wasn’t thrilled when the stats screen was changed and now takes you out of your dashboard to some ethereal space. Now making a new post could do the same, but it takes even longer to get there. And by there I mean a horrendous-looking interface that I would have thought a company like WordPress would only have rolled out on April 1.

I was going to write a new post tonight (I will if following @timethief’s guide gets me back to the old editor). If I had to work with the new Beep f*cking Boop editor, I won’t bother.

• I’m glad I’m not the only one who has experienced this. I thought it was an error too which put me in a mood of panic. :-(

WordPress, why do you insist on introducing stupid new features like this? The idea of us using your service is its simplicity so when we click on the “edit” or “new post” link we want to go straight to our familiar editors and not this stupid ersatz version which forces us to go round the houses to do what should have been done with one click in the first place!! >:(

Please put things back to the way they were and LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!

Thank you.

• I can’t save my new post, and I can’t get it published.

• I’m adding my absolute DISPLEASURE! I can’t believe this latest ridiculously juvenile “upgrade.” Good God! whoever thought this one up needs to fired asap!

• This is an AWFUL development: ugly, hard to navigate, unresponsive, managing to eliminate one of the best features of WordPress — ease of use. Please make it go away.

• This is how stupid it is at least for me (without even getting to infantile awesomes and beep boops) … working in visual editing mode, if I see an italic in the blockquote, it will now show as non-italic to a reader. And if I make it non-italic, it will show as italic to a reader.

And I cannot see a preview unless I go back to the draft in the drafts list. Just clicking preview while editing does not give me a preview! It stays with the editing window.

Are there any CSS changes I can make to correct at least the first of these 2 problems? Thanks.

• @davidderrick
    I’ve noticed the preview issue as well. It seems it tries to open the preview in a pop-up, which your browser is probably blocking as most people set their browsers to block pop-ups.

The old post editor still exists (for now at least) but you have to go to the dashboard to find it. Click on Posts ->All Posts to edit existing ones. Click on Posts ->Add New to create a new one. Preview still works normally from that editor.

I don’t think CSS will help as this is a software issue, not a theme one.

• THIS:

Is this a temporary thing or a new permanent nuisance? I liked the easy edit by simply clicking on the post from the reader screen. Why would WordPress.com take that away? Now, if I have to use to normal editor, I have to click three extra things?!?! How does that make sense?

This is supper annoying atm!

• Is there somebody kind enough to tell us when this “beep boop” joke will stop???

• @wetherby2010
    This thread has been tagged for staff so we’ll just have to wait for them to get to this thread.

• same here.
    This beepbeep stuff does’nt even work.

• The topic ‘Beep Beep Boop screen is a joke. Is this a glitch?’ is closed to new replies.