Balsana theme – changing button color / Footer customization

• Hi

1) In the Balsana theme, is there any way to change the default green color of buttons like ‘submit’ and social icons to a custom color?

2) And how do you customize the footer if you want it to alight left in line with the social icons widget?

• Hi! Currently that particular theme needs CSS to change its colors. You have a few options, though.

– You could switch to Redhill. We can help you get the same homepage content back, and the links would be red by default. The header layout would be slightly different, but you can get the body layout back as you have it:
    https://wordpress.com/theme/redhill

– If you’ll be upgrading anyway, Premium supports CSS and we can change the colors with that.

Let us know which you’d like to do.

• Thanks!
    I actually tried the Redhill theme and while it has the red links, you can’t remove page titles especially “Home” (for that I’d have to upgrade to premium and use a title remover plugin).

• You don’t need a plugin to remove page titles. You can do that with CSS as well if you upgrade to Premium.

That said, I just want to mention that Balasana only hides the title on the front page. On other pages it displays page titles as well.

You should be able to get the same effect on the home page in Redhill by simply not giving your front page a title.

• Thanks. How do you remove the title on the front page in Redhill?

• As @kokkieh mentioned, you would want to delete the title on the page you are currently using as your front page.
    If you decided to upgrade to Premium, we could also help with some custom CSS.

• Thanks. I am using Balasana theme for now where I removed the Home title. But for the other pages the titles still show.

Is there any way to remove all page titles in Balasana theme without upgrading to premium and custom CSS?

Also, in the WP admin, the “Screen Options” doesn’t give “Page Options” which allowed for removal of page titles. Earlier, this option was available.

I think that removal of page titles should be a generic option in WP admin regardless of which theme is used.

• Meanwhile, on another topic, I am still waiting confirmation for my domain registrar transfer to wordpress. Its almost a week now since I sent in the transfer request last Friday.

• Your domain has been transferred already but it is still pointing to another host. You will want to go to My Site>Manage>Domains click on your domain name and then on Change your name servers &DNS records. There you will want to enable the option to Use WordPress.com Name Servers.

Is there any way to remove all page titles in Balasana theme without upgrading to premium and custom CSS?

There is no global option for that in Balasana, you will want to remove the title directly in the editor:

• 1) When I check the domain registrar transfer status it is still showing “transfer of connectment.com is in progress”. Hence, it does not offer the option to change name server. Is there any way I can send you a screen shot?

2) When I remove the title directly in the editor, the title also disappears from the main Menu.

• Hi –

These instructions that my colleague shared are going to happen from with in your WordPress.com user account. I’m not sure from the response if you were signed in to WordPress.com or the old hosting provider?

Your domain has been transferred already but it is still pointing to another host. You will want to go to My Site>Manage>Domains click on your domain name and then on Change your name servers &DNS records. There you will want to enable the option to Use WordPress.com Name Servers.

Please take a screen shot of what you are seeing there. Add it here with a third party link like droplr or https://snipboard.io/

• Hi

1) Yes it is now showing that the domain has been transferred. And I have changed the name server to WordPress.

2) Meanwhile, regarding changing the page titles, as I mentioned earlier, if you remove the page title then it also gets removed from the Menu. Does Balasana theme allow you to remove titles from the page only, and not the Menu?

Thanks

• @nyayb,

2) Meanwhile, regarding changing the page titles, as I mentioned earlier, if you remove the page title then it also gets removed from the Menu.

When page titles are deleted, the navigation label for each corresponding custom menu item will be changed to the page ID number followed by the designation “(no title).” For example your menu items might have navigation labels such as the following: #1 (no title), #2 (no title), #3 (no title), #4 (no title).

You may edit these navigation labels as described and illustrated in the Customize the Menu Item Text section of the Site Menus support page.

• Thanks! It works!

However, when I go back to the Pages section (under Site), the page titles are showing ‘Untitled’. How do we change the page titles here?

• Here is the screenshot of the Pages section:

• However, when I go back to the Pages section (under Site), the page titles are showing ‘Untitled’. How do we change the page titles here?

You can’t change that. This is a workaround to keep the titles from appearing on the pages without using CSS code. If you remove the title from each page, it will become untitled. You can change the labels on the menu, as @musicdoc1 explained but you won’t be able to display the title on the list of pages.

Also, remember that with your plan you can access support directly via https://wordpress.com/help/contact.

• Thanks. Ah well, I guess I will have to live with that until I upgrade to premium and use CSS code. But at least its still better to remove the titles in the page as it looks much cleaner.

Thanks for all your help and have a nice day!

• The topic ‘Balsana theme – changing button color / Footer customization’ is closed to new replies.