Background/ Featured Images

• I have tried to add featured images to my theme, where they appear as you scroll down the page. I have done this successfully with the header but I am unable to with the rest of the page.

When I add the pictures to the page they are just a small square size, whereas on the sample theme they appear full size and are in the background. Could someone tell me how to fix this please?

Thank you in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

When I add the pictures to the page they are just a small square size, whereas on the sample theme they appear full size and are in the background.

Are you referring to the homepage of your site vs. that of the demo? If so, the following two factors are responsible for the differences:

1. The demo homepage displays front page sections that have been assigned at Customizer → Theme Options as described in Front Page portion of the Twenty Seventeen theme guide (Overview), whereas you homepage evidently doesn’t have front page sections assigned.

2. The featured images set on the pages assigned to Front Page sections on the Twenty Seventeen demo are each of the size 2000 x 1200 pixels, which is the size recommended in the Quick Specs section of the theme guide, whereas the images on the homepage of your site are much smaller (each 512 x 341). It’s not clear whether those are featured images.

Similarly, your blog page and single posts differ from those of the demo with respect to featured images. Have you set featured images on your posts? If so, then again they are too small, the recommended size being 2000 x 1200. They should be of those dimensions or larger both in width and height.

• The topic ‘Background/ Featured Images’ is closed to new replies.