audio flash player

• I have a free wordpress blog and I want to add audio flash player in my post.I tried using Gabcast website to create HTML code for flash player but when i post this code in html editor, it breaks up. Is there any way to post audio flash player so that readers can listen audio in one click?

• Unfortunely, adding such a feature would require the use of a plug in and as per the FAQ at the top of the forums, we are currently not allowed to add plugins. It would also requires the ability to upload a sound file to your webspace and we are not currently allowed such either.

What’s been suggested in the past is hosting that audio file elsewhere and providing a link say within a text widget. This also allows the visitor to your blog the option of playing the music or not. I know that being forced to listen to other people’s music when I’m working is one of the quickest ways to drive me away from one’s site, especially when I’m chatting with a paying client and they get bumped just because someone wants me to listed to some Madonna or their kid trying to say their ABCs or something.

I politely suggest submitting a Feedback from your DashBoard and requesting such an addition as they keep track of such requests. I’m sure that this could probably be worked into the blog as a widget although hosting the file would still be an issue.

Moved to ideas…

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

• “What’s been suggested in the past is hosting that audio file elsewhere and providing a link say within a text widget. This also allows the visitor to your blog the option of playing the music or not.”

how it is actually. could u provides me some examples. thanks.

in addition, i found just a plugin. it is called audio plugin for wordpress. you can get from here. it is great if wordpress could include these in the blogs as the demand for the sounds/mp3 are need. it just using the format:

[audio:name_of_mp3_file.mp3]

it uses flash based, just like google video and youtube.

• axim – It’s not likely that drmike will be around to respond to you at this time. He lives on the east coast of the USA. It also seems to me that you have more than one thread on related subjects going on the forum. You might do better to read the FAQ and wait until drmike is available tomorrow to answer you as opposed to starting multiple threads.

• Axim, please remember that we’re running a different code base than the standard WordPress install. Many plugins do not always work 100% upon installation. (ie Sitemaps, theme switcher, etc.)

Easiest method to provide a link to a file is just that. Just make a normal ‘a’ link to the URL of the file in question. Last time I checked, we were able to upload *.mp3s here to our webspace and I would just provide a link like it was an image file or *.pdf.

I, for one, would rather be able to download any podcast or other audio file instead of have it embedded as I’m usually doing work and sometimes have to listen to different things at different times. (ie Voicemail. My system drops it into my inbox.)

• The topic ‘audio flash player’ is closed to new replies.