Are Stats Misbehaving?

• I was just wondering if the WordPress Stats are misbehaving? I decided to go and check mine out. I’ve been posting as I usually do but for some reason my stats are extremely low. It seems very unusual. I mean, either they are ‘broken’ or people have decided to stop reading my blog altogether…

• Likes and shares are misleading when you are talking about page view stats too. Your followers and anyone with a WordPress.com blog who is logged into WordPress.com can “like” and “share” your posts in several locations such as the Reader without ever clicking into your blog and creating a page view stat.
    http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2012/07/09/wordpress-followers-likes-and-stats/

I choose to reduce my RSS Feed to “summary” here > Settings > Reading
    For each article in a feed, show
    Full text
    Summary
    Doing that compels followers to click in and read the full post on my blogs.

Do you have your RSS Feed set to “Full text”?

• Hey timethief, thanks for replying.
    I find that a tad annoying. Even though people may or may not like posts in the Reader I wish WordPress would be somehow be able to tell you how many people saw the post in the Reader.
    I set my RSS Feed to Summary a week or two ago because I had just discovered it. After all these years of blogging with WordPress you think I’d find something like that :P
    Thanks again!

• The topic ‘Are Stats Misbehaving?’ is closed to new replies.