Are some premium themes not shown to free members

• Hi!

I’m thinking about subscribing to a plan to gain access to the premium themes.
    I’m currently browsing the premium themes on my free account and I see that there are a limited selection. Also, a day ago, I saved some available premium theme links but when I checked them again today, they were considered retired.

Checking the specific category of premium themes, I only see 26.

I was wondering if theme retirement is a common thing for users and if only paid users can see all of the premium themes? That is, if I were to upgrade my plan, would I see more then 26 of the specific category premium themes?

Thank you!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Checking the specific category of premium themes, I only see 26.

I’m on the free plan, and at the WordPress.com Themes Showcase I see the following numbers of themes:

I would presume that the same themes should be visible to all WordPress.com members. However, I could be wrong about that, so I’ll call for staff attention. Staff will respond here.

• Hi!

When I click the ‘show all themes’ in the Design -> Themes menu, I see
    – All: 148
    – Free: 111
    – Premium: 37

When I refreshed a while ago, the premium themes were a higher number but I noticed that some were free themes.

Thank you!

• I was wondering if theme retirement is a common thing for users and if only paid users can see all of the premium themes?

Theme retirement happens regularly. At the moment I also only see 38 Premium themes in the theme showcase and I am on an upgraded plan.

When I refreshed a while ago, the premium themes were a higher number but I noticed that some were free themes.

We discovered some time ago that there is a bug where the number of themes changes when you click back and forth between all, free and premium. And I also noticed there were some free themes displayed (mostly the newer Block Editor themes) at the higher number you mentioned.

Let’s wait now for Staff to reply to this thread.

• 111 + 37=148
    111 + 77=188, though “All”=148

I’m getting 37 premium when logged in on FF now. On Google Chrome I’ve got a number of different results:

logged in:

– Premium: 77

logged out:
    first test
    – All: 165
    – Free: 128
    – Premium: 57

2nd test
    – Free: 131
    – Premium: 85

3rd test
    – All: 168
    – Premium: 57

• Hi all,

We have retired a number of Premium themes from our theme collection that do not support the new Block editor. We’ll start adding more themes that take full advantage of the editor.

• Hi,

Thank you for all the replies.

Would there be a guesstimate of when a batch of new premium themes will be arriving?

Thanks!

• It’s too soon to tell. Just keep an eye on the Theme Showcase.

Also note that if you upgrade to the Business plan you can upload any theme that you like.

• The topic ‘Are some premium themes not shown to free members’ is closed to new replies.