All posts disappeared

• Author

royangelsen

In 2019, we made a blog as I was cycling across Asia. We upgraded the plan to be able to have a wider range of templates etc to choose from. The plan was upgraded for a year. The blog has not been used for a little while, and when we went back to look through all the written posts, they’re all gone? Have we lost all the work that was done while on an upgraded plan? It would be the entire five month trip. I hope there is a way to get it all back.
    Thank you!

csabarakasz

Hi there,

Would you mind telling me the address of the site? Once I know I might be able to better assist you.

Thank you!

royangelsen

The address is https://angladventures.wordpress.com (it used to be angladventures.com while the trip was happening)

supernovia
    Staff

Hey @royangelsen, I can see you trashed a handful posts a while ago, and they were deleted a few weeks later.

If those are the ones that are missing now, we wouldn’t have them on our end, but if you kept the notification emails you might be able to copy and paste the posts into new posts, and backdate them.

Do you remember the missing post’s titles?

royangelsen

Hi, I am not talking about trashed posts. They have at least never been trashed on our end. The posts were posted and live on the blog, but after the business plan ran out, they all disappeared.

royangelsen

@supernovia
    Hi, I am not talking about trashed posts. They have at least never been trashed on our end. The posts were posted and live on the blog, but after the business plan ran out, they all disappeared.
    Some of the titles were Turkey pt. 2, Georgia pt. 1, 2 and 3, Azerbaijan pt. 1 and 2.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

Your Business Plan on the site expired and was removed in July 2020. Subsequently, as there was no further activity on the site, the site was deemed inactive, and reverted back to how it was before you installed any plugins on it. This process also removes all content that was added to the site since plugins were installed. This happened on 31 August 2020.

All backups we had on file for your site has also since been deleted, as we only keep those for a limited time. So it is no longer possible to restore the content to your site.

royangelsen

So what you are saying is that because we payed for an upgrade and then stopped paying everything has been erased, but if we hadn’t payed anything to begin with we would still have everything? And there is no way of restoring months and months of work?
    We have been dealing with family struggles and serious illness, and there has been less than a year since the plan expired and still everything is gone? How is that okay? I don’t understand how the posts are deleted except the one made before upgrading the plan. This is a horrible service and I can’t believe there is no way of getting all the work back.

royangelsen

Please, there must be some way to get them back?

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

Sites on the Business plan are on a different infrastructure and use much more resources than free sites. So, when a Business plan expires we notify the owner multiple times beforehand and we keep both the site the backups online for a little while. Then we delete them to free up resources.

Please understand that it’s not possible for us to retain backups forever for all sites on expired Business plans.

The topic ‘All posts disappeared’ is closed to new replies.