Affinity Theme – Posts Panel Confusion

• Hello, helpers. We’re using the Affinity theme and love everything about the look. However, I’m confused about panels and posts. I set up the theme to use a static front page with several panels, and then set up the “posts” page to be titled “Posts” and made another panel from that.

However, when the panel appears as you scroll through the static front page, all we get is the title “Posts” on the featured photograph. However, actual posts do not run through onto the Posts page, and one has to click on the menu item “Posts” to find our latest articles.

Why don’t actual posts appear on the static front page “Posts” panel? How can I achieve that? Or, is there another theme that’s as simple and classy but will be easier to use for blogging purposes?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Addendum: I realized that I can create a new page with the latest post, add it as a panel, and it will show up on the front page. I’m willing to do that if I have to. This still doesn’t address the problem of the “Posts” page being useless and not linking to actual posts.

Help with that?

And never mind about other themes; I love Affinity and am willing to do some work-arounds to keep and use it, so if anyone can help me understand why the “Posts” page and slider are not functional at all, I’d much appreciate it.

• Hi there,

The front page panels in this theme only work for static pages. You can’t use a panel to show your posts – the Posts page does not have any content of its own, but it’s content is dynamically generated when it’s loaded in your browser, so if you add it to a front page panel in this theme the theme won’t find any content on that page to display.

In other words, if you want to use the front page panels of this theme, you can’t have your posts show on the front page, and people will only be able to see your posts by clicking on the Posts link you have in the menu.

• Thanks for your explanation. I have the blog set up as best I can and it looks fine. Now it makes sense to me, thanks to your explanation.

Cheers,
    Anne

• Hi Anne –

Happy to hear this news. Thanks for letting us know. Cheers :)

• The topic ‘Affinity Theme – Posts Panel Confusion’ is closed to new replies.