Adding page

• Trying to add another “Resources” page but it doesn’t show up anywhere, even when I tried to make “Blog Posts” or “Home” a parent page. I can see my page title and contents when I’m editing, but it’s not showing up. When I go to edit, often I get bumped into an older version of WordPress and when I go to see “Pages” or “Posts” I get a frownie face. Now I’M frowning!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Trying to add another “Resources” page but it doesn’t show up anywhere, even when I tried to make “Blog Posts” or “Home” a parent page.

Are you referring to this page: https://suill763mfa.home.blog/blog/resources-2/? If so, then its URL shows that it is a child page of the static page titled “Blog.” The fact that it doesn’t display in the primary menu indicates that you have a custom menu displayed.

If at Customize > Menus > menu name > Menu Options you check the box labeled “Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu,” then future top-level pages will automatically be added to the menu. Pages created as child pages must be added manually as described and illustratred in the Add Menu Items section of the Custom Menus support page.

Alternatively, if you create all new pages as top-level pages (not child pages), then each will be added to the custom menu automatically. You may then rearrange selected items underneath others as described and illustrated in the Reorder Menu Items & Add Drop-Down Menus section of the Custom Menus support page.

When I go to edit, often I get bumped into an older version of WordPress and when I go to see “Pages” or “Posts” I get a frownie face.

I don’t know what may be causing this issue, so I’ll call for staff attention to the topic. Staff will respond here.

• Another alternative:

The Libre 2 theme will display a default pages menu if no custom menu is set to display instead at Customize > Menus > Menu Locations. The default pages menu automatically adds each new page as it is published, regardless of whether the page is a parent, child, or a child-less solo page. However, unlike a custom menu, a default pages menu can only include links to pages and, on some themes (but not Libre 2), a link to the homepage.

• Thanks, that was a big help, problem solved. Much appreciated.

• You’re welcome. : -)

• The topic ‘Adding page’ is closed to new replies.