Adding More Pages And How To Go About Setting The Extra Pages Up?

• Hello, I need help setting up more pages but don’t know how to set extra pages up. I have set my Featured Image. The next step is more complicated at least for me. It’s under Page Attributes: Top Level is is on. Next it says About, Contact. I’m using Default Template or should I use the other template with no sidebar? Then there is a box that says Order. What do I put there? Please Help me.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @daisymae2017, those aren’t steps, just optional settings. You can go ahead and publish the page without changing them.

• But how would I go about setting up another page or pages. Please see questions I asked previously. I have over 200 posts and thought it might be a good Idea to start a second page for more posts. How would this be done?

• @daisymae2017 you won’t need a second page for posts. One “posts” page is all you need, no matter how many posts you have. The system will automatically break that into smaller pages for you.

You can put your posts in categories if you’d like, though.

• I’ve added categories from Post Settings is that what you mean? What are the normal categories for posts? Is there a list of categories I can choose from? If so, How do I access the list? When would I add extra pages? How do I reblog a post when I have reblogged it to one of my sites and want to reblog it on my other site to. The problem- It states it has been reblogged already. What do I do?

• There is no normal list of categories. It depends on how you want to organize your own site. If you were to try to organize your posts into categories to make some types of posts easier to find, what categories would you use?

Also, I noticed you have some posts that are in dozens of categories. I’d encourage you to re-think that, and use no more than 15 total categories and tags per post.

Also, you will only be able to reblog a post once.

• Thanks for the tip. I know this doesn’t have to do with pages but I noticed that I’m the only follower and have 1 more person in my community. What am I doing wrong? I have a thread out on this but need tips. I’m even considering shutting down the one site if I don’t get more followers. What if I have 2 sites and want to reblog on both sites?

• @daisymae2017 you can only reblog each post once per account. You are welcome to write about the post and link to it though.

Your traffic needs to be built over time, with patience and lots of great content that people want to follow. We have more tips here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-more-views-and-traffic/

Also, you are putting too many tags or categories on each post and that reduces your exposure. Please limit it to 15 categories or tags per post, and limiting to 10 of the most relevant tags and categories is probably better.

• How do I do that again. I read instructions did a blogroll but how can you link a post to another blog? For example, I reblog on Crystal’s Photo-Blogging Site but want post it on my other site, how would I link them together? I’ve looked at the links that everyone sent but I don’t understand them completely.

• I’ve started a new page for my new site, CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. It’s my homepage and would love your feedback. It would be appreciated. I want your honest opinion and what should be changed, Also, how do I get the pictures side by side?

• Instead of a blogroll, just paste a link into a post then write about it.

For feedback, try dailypost.wordpress.com

To understand the instructions given in any support document, here’s what I recommend:

– Work through each step one at a time

– If you get stuck on one step, let us know which one

– Let us know what is happening that is different from the guide: if there is an error, what does it say?

• First let me say everyone has been a big help. I have done that sometimes. The reason for wanting feedback is I was hoping you could give me some feedback on my Home Page for my new site, CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. You see, I’m thinking about adding a page and making it my Home Page. I’m sure you already know this but I went to my site, clicked on Domains, Edit CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE, Clicked on Pages then All Pages, Clicked on the Draft-The Second one Down. The first is a back-up Draft. I would appreciate it if you look at the Draft I have gotten ready and give me any tips you feel appropriate. Thanks In Advance.

• We’ve got a lot of folks needing technical help right now, but you could ask your friends for writing feedback. Here’s how:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/writing-helper/request-feedback/

• The topic ‘Adding More Pages And How To Go About Setting The Extra Pages Up?’ is closed to new replies.