Added new page – posts now missing

• Hello,

In the ‘Pages’ section. I copied the Homepage of our site and published a Private version of the same page, just so I could mess around with a few layout changes without altering the actual homepage that the public sees. I wanted it published because the ‘preview’ wordpress gives you isn’t always accurate.

When I did this, a bunch of blog posts disappeared from their categories/Pages. When you click on each category on the homepage, there should be blog posts related to each category. Now almost all of them are showing nothing, and some very few.

When I go into the editor and go to edit a page, for example, the ‘Clean Air’ page, I can see that there are two posts that appear in the Blog Post block. These posts are then supposed to appear on the published website – only now they dont. This issue only occured after I had created a copy of the homepage, and then trashed the copy after, once i noticed there was an issue with all of the category Pages.

Why are posts not showing up on the published version of the site, but I can see them in the editor? Why did it only happen after creating/deleting the copy of the homepage? Did this automatically change something in wordpress that I need to manually revert? I fee like I must have done something and the solution is easy – I just cant seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• From what I can see there is a problem with the Blog Posts block related to a recent code update on our platform. Our developers are taking a look at this and should have it resolved shortly.

In the meantime, if you wish you can temporarily turn OFF the Publicize Connections and Sharing Buttons settings on this page: https://o2ventsessions.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=jetpack#/sharing

It will restore the blog posts block to working status, and the settings can be turned on again once the issue is fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

• Hi again,

I forgot to mention that this is the support forum for our free sites, but your Business Plan upgrade includes priority live chat support that you can access 24 hours a day (except major holidays)

With this in mind you are encouraged to reach out to us here, and we can take a closer look at your issue in realtime. No need to wait for a reply in the forums: https://wordpress.com/help/contact

Hope this helps!

• HUGE thanks to you. I have bookmarked the other support page for future reference.

• Hi there! I just wanted to share that the initial issue that caused this has been resolved.

Any adjustments made to workaround this can now be undone. The deactivated modules can be activated again.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. We’ll be happy to help!

• The topic ‘Added new page – posts now missing’ is closed to new replies.