Accidentally cancelled domain name

• Hello, I was trying to transfer my domain name which I bought and registered with wordpress (yvettemetz.com) and in order to transfer it I tried cancelling it first. I then did some research and saw that this was a mistake, and that I should have transferred it instead of cancelling it and re-registering it with another registrar.

Is there any possibility to recover the domain name which I cancelled around 2 days ago? I don’t know how to contact wordpress support to help me with the issue. Thank you very much !

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Did you contact your domain supplier? That would be my first step. I don’t think you would have done too much damage.

The will be a support or help button somewhere on the page that you bought the name.

• Hi Yvette. Someone tagged your topic with a ‘modlook’, which means a moderator should be taking a look at your problem soon… so keep checking this space for help.

• Hi yvettemetz67,

Cancelling a domain means giving up ownership so I’ve contacted our domain registrar and made a request for yvettemetz.com to be restored. I’ll be in touch as soon as I’ve received a reply and we can look at the next steps for transferring the domain away from WordPress.com afterwards.

• Hi yvettemetz67,

Our domain registrar has restored this domain per your request. In order to transfer the domain away from WordPress.com, please follow the steps here, https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/mapping-it-out/, under “Q: Can I use a domain I registered through WordPress.com with another host?” Thank you!

• Thank you very much, it works again!

Just one question – when I go to yvettemetz.com, it transfers me immediately to https://yvettemetz.wordpress.com/

Is this a temporary issue?

• Hi yvettemetz67,

When I visit yvettemetz.com, this domain stays in my browser’s address bar and I’m not redirected to yvettemetz.wordpress.com. Could you try clearing your browser to see if that helps?

Solve Common Browser Issues

Let me know how you get on.

• The topic ‘Accidentally cancelled domain name’ is closed to new replies.