A wordpress blog within a webpage?

• Hello,

I am wondering if I can “insert” a wordpress blog into a section/part of an existing webpage. If possible, how would I do this? And would the users need FTP access to the hosting account in order to post to the blog?

Thanks.

• WordPress.com blogs and wordpress.org blogs run on different software. WordPress.com blogs cannot be uploaded into a website. WordPress.org blogs can be either self hosted or web hosted. This is the link to a thread you should read http://wordpress.com/forums/topic.php?id=3700&replies=1

• Allow me to throw in my 2 cents.

Q. I am wondering if I can “insert” a wordpress blog into a section/part of an existing webpage.

A. Yes, you can.

Q. And would the users need FTP access to the hosting account in order to post to the blog?

A. No, they wouldn’t.

Because of your second question, I can tell you’re new to this web stuff. You need FTP to upload files to a web server only (read timethief’s reply).

Now, how can you ‘insert’ your wordpress.com blog into another web page? Using frames or iframes.

Hope this helps.

• Hi, thanks for the prompt answers. I will try out your suggestions. Just for the record, I’m not exactly “new” with this webstuff, just new to blogs. It doesn’t hurt to ask :-)

• Oops, you’re right. It doesn’t hurt to ask. And I should’ve been more specific since the word ‘web’ is to broad.

After a long day of coding and at almost 1:00 AM, like my brain starts losing its lucidness **sigh** …

• PS – use iframes – frames are evil. (iframes are probably evil too but at least they are not the spawn of the devil.)

• I believe this thread may have gone a little off-track.

Hopefully, the happy5 is knowledgable enough to know to know that
    (1) wordpress.com blogs and wordpress.org blogs run on different software and even those blog templates that look identical are not the same code;
    (2) a free blog template can be obtained from wordpress.org and uploaded into a website by either a web host or by a self hosting blogger;
    (3) the contents of wordpress.com blogs can be exported out of wordpress.com and imported into a blog template obtained from wordpress.org which has been uplaoded into a website;
    (4) the wordpress programming here at wordpress.com will strip any iframe code out blogs on on wordpress.com; and
    (5) the place to obtain information about wordpress.org blogs is here at http://wordpress.org/support.

• Hi all,

Thanks for the thoughtful and respectful comments. I will experiment with integrating a WordPress.org blog into my existing website.

Just for the record, remember that not everyone is a web developer or coder, some of us have other professions and responsibilities, and rely on others, to guide us.

And the thread has not gone of track, as it answered all of my questions fully.

• It’s good to hear that. Happy blogging! :)

• The topic ‘A wordpress blog within a webpage?’ is closed to new replies.