A suspicious website viewing my blog

• Author

I need to block a website from viewing my blog – titled semalt.com
    Recently I have been having quite a few views from this website and after doing some research so have many others – it appears to be ‘spam’ views or they are accessing blogs to gather information somehow, I am not quite sure. How can I block this website from viewing my blog, if at all?

The blog I need help with is reeceajchambers.wordpress.com.

ifmomsaysok

You can’t block anyone from viewing a public blog. The best you can do is set your site to private.

If the other site is on WordPress (dot) Com, and you believe it to be spam, you can report it. Click on the blog title in the top left portion of the black nav bar for a drop down menu, select “Report this Content” and fill out the information box.

smws1976

Semalt is on my site too. I’ve reported it so hopefully it’ll disappear soon. If I set my site to private how do I let people see my site?

timethief

Hello folks who failed to search and locate this thread tagged for Staff attention and to post into it > https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/unbelievable-views-vs-visitors-stats?replies=4

timethief

timethief

I’m sorry folks. I apologize for the thread to thread run around.

@staff
    Please remove that same semalt.com spam referrer spam from my blogs too.

jackiedana

Please rest assured that there are no security issues here, and we have already taken preliminary measures to address this issue. Semalt.com is on our radar and we will continue to monitor the issue.

amycmyers

What has been done about this? I, too was receiving a lot of hits from semalt. It stopped temporarily (for about 10 days) and now they’re back. The spam comments are ‘up’ as well. I’m certain they’re coming from semalt. Can you please do something about this? thanks

bhunter839

Do we have any reason to be worried about this semalt/crawler site? I’ve been suspicious because I’ve gotten a number of hits from this site today. Can it compromise my account? I have not clicked on the link just noticed it in my stats as well as an astronomical increase in the number of blog views I’m getting.

timethief

Please rest assured that there are no security issues here, and we have already taken preliminary measures to address this issue. Semalt.com is on our radar and we will continue to monitor the issue.

No it cannot compromise your account.

deidrerose52

Hmm, this is a bit scary, haven’t seen it on my site yet, but then I have not been very active, busy trying to clear snow out of my yard a few buckets at a time!

timethief

It is nothing to be scared of. It is annoying and it is screwing up the integrity of our stats.

The topic ‘A suspicious website viewing my blog’ is closed to new replies.